Batteries 3000mAh 3S 11.1V 30C LiPo question

I use a 3000mAh 3S 11.1V 30C LiPo battery for my QX2 but wonder if I can use the charging connector (is this also called "balance lead" or balance line"?) as a power source for other electronics? I don't know enough about the internal electronics to know if there are negative side effects other than wearing down the battery faster.
Thanks.

Derek

Yes, you can use the balance leads as another power source. I know that people that fly FPV will use the balance leads of their flight packs to run lights for night flying. You'll just need to be more specific with what you want to do so that we can get a more specific answer for you.

I want to use it for a telemetry TM1000 module for the immediate future but just want a general understanding as well. Saw a youtube video that connected the TM1000 on to some servo leads on the qx2 flight control board but i think that is used for a gimbal which I plan to add later. I'll ask questions about that in another section but that's basically my goal. That pretty much answers my question, Derek. Thanks, bud!

I stumbled on a great write up on the balance leads at:

All about lipo balance connectors - TJinTech

Top Bottom