3 month flight diary

This is after 3 months of learning from scratch to set up and fly with RC help as my guide , it's been tough at times and not without problems , crashes and frustrations , this is just hovering so don't fall asleep guys , it's more of a personal progress flight diary and I'm pretty pleased appart from the missed baby auto lol[video=youtube_share;TGuyTgQLits]http://youtu.be/TGuyTgQLits[/video]

Derek

That was outstanding! Look at you and your side in hovering...and then transitioning around to the other side in hover! Very very well done!!!

I think I'd like to see just a bit more head speed on this helicopter. It will probably help smooth things out just a bit more. Besides that....Awesome job!!!

Thanks Derek , yeeh I'm pretty pleased
U say a bit more head speed? So should I up my throttle curve for that yeeh?

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that will, or should add 10% more head speed. Make another video and we will see about suggesting to go up to 85%. The higher teh head speed, the more stable the heli will be.

Derek

Someone put up some sound deadening material, there is an echo in here... :biggrin1:

lol...that was funny!

My throttle curve 0-40-65-65-65

Yeah...I was going to suggest the same as Tony. I guess I was gonna suggest that Throttle Curve because it's the same that he has suggested for me and I've had great success with it. Once you change the Throttle Curve to 0-40-75-75-75, get a battery charged up and go try it out. I think you are going to be pleasantly surprised with the amount of control that is increased. You should notice less up and down movement as well as side to side/front to back. The higher head speed with also help with your "baby autos" as well.

Ok Tony great thanks , I will program that in and try it out in the morning , Thanks guys!

- - - Updated - - -

Great Derek thanks dude , I'm looking forward to my next flight even more now :bee:

I just had a thought guys , since I have now raised my head speed I'm guessing I may need to reduce my flight times a little on the first flights and check my cells as not to exceed 80% ? Is that correct that more head speed will discharge my battery's quicker? Thanks guys

Derek

Yes, it will discharge your batteries faster. However, if all you are doing is hovering and light flying, I wouldn't even worry about it. With the 10% increase in head speed, the battery consumption won't be very much. You don't have to be super-precise about the "80% rule". Just keep it within reason...

and above all....just have fun with it!!!

Take care buddy!

Ken Jackson

I agree with the head speed increase. 85% should be fine. It's not going to make it harder to fly but easier. Try to maintain 3-5 feet above the ground, I think the ground affects is whats bouncing you around. Looking good though, you'll be flying figure eights by spring.

One more thing, I saw a video on youtube a while ago. A guy was using a piece of card board to take off and land on. When he was coming in for a landing a cross wind lifted the card board right into the heli. Didn't look windy in your video thought I'd mention it. I use a floor mat from my truck, its heavy so the wind won't bother it.

Ken

Top Bottom