Videos 2013 new season for FPV!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well I got out last weekend and got my QAV airborn for a test flight! Here's a video!

[video=youtube_share;Qt6uWuoDinA]http://youtu.be/Qt6uWuoDinA[/video]

Lee

Looked like a beautiful day to fly Sam. I was looking out into the distance thinking, go go go :D What a place to explore. I would get your self a Dragon link system and 1.2Ghz Video system and get out there. :D
Just looking at the stability, there seems to be a slight wobble in the roll axis. Maybe you could add a few clicks of roll gain.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Add or remove? This weekend I'm going to take the lawn chair out back and explore! Lol. The building in the back causes interference in my video. It's got steel siding. So I'm a little Leary of flying past the interference. So I'm just going to go past the building with my equipment. Set up and fly! Ha ha.

Lee

Well adding may lock it in, or removing may soften it a little. Can you assign the Aux3 Knob to adjust roll gain, and fiddle with it until its smooth.

WyDiablo

Beautiful place and very nice FPV flying. Does increasing the gains make the craft wobble more? I did the test flight on mine yesterday afternoon and I really could not figure out if the wobble was from the wind of the gains set too high. Right now the gains are 120-120-140-140-100-100

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Beautiful place and very nice FPV flying. Does increasing the gains make the craft wobble more? I did the test flight on mine yesterday afternoon and I really could not figure out if the wobble was from the wind of the gains set too high. Right now the gains are 120-120-140-140-100-100

Your probably way to high. It will differ some from craft to craft. My QAV 500 gains are 100/100/120/100 att. 90/90. Has you can see I'm still getting some wobble when I'm rotating my QAV. So just reading up in my manual a little I'm going down about 10% on my roll gain and trying it there! Lee, manual says to go down some more on the roll gain.

WyDiablo

Yea, i was just using what aerial media pros suggested as a starting point. I kinda figured I might have to go up or done depending on the flight. I will drop the gains by 5 or 10 on the next flight and see what happens. Yea that was still a great FPV no matter what.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well I tried to lower my pitch and roll gains today has was suggested by a few people. It did not work very well! Let just say a crash and about an hours worth of walking to find where she went down. I just broke two props thankfully! Lol lots of mud on her too! The roll gain seamed to work out! But the pitch gain just made her hard to handle! She had a hard time climbing and going forward. Plus it was very windy today. Well here's the video! Lee I tried to give you a nice view behind my house hope you like it back there. Lots more room to wonder that's for sure!

[video=youtube_share;9Q8vKONLbWs]http://youtu.be/9Q8vKONLbWs[/video]

Derek

Those were some great videos! You "FPV" guys are killing me. I need to work some extra overtime so that I can get some FPV equipment. I want that stuff in such a bad way.

Awesome videos!!!

Tony

Staff member
I think you mean "niche", or your place in the hobby. And your right, some good video and it's getting you out and flying! Keep it up bro!

Lee

Looked very windy Sam.
From the first video, only the Roll gain needed tweaking. Why did you adjust the other gains? Only ever adjust one setting at a time between flights, or you won't know which were good or bad changes. This goes for any set up adjustment, helis or planes.
Nice to see further a field :D

Lee

Even if you did need to adjust the pitch gain too. Still only do one at a time to see what effect it produces.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well hear is a video from Tuesday. I reset my gains according to a suggestion from Tim at getfpv. These setting are to high. So I'm going to go back to my settings and see witch one of the 5 gain settings is causing my shaking. Oh and I just upgraded to Xoer props on this video. I like them a lot? Nice lift and much quieter that the graupners. Here's the video! Enjoy.

QAV500 Test four gains and XOER Props - YouTube

Tasajara

Nice Videos...Sam
It just takes more practice to get in the groove of it. I am always learning each time I go flying FPV.

To help you find your Quad in the Future...
Get yourself a Discovery Buzzer and they have them in the USA warehouse.
I don't fly any FPV without one. It has helped me find my Quad and plane at least 8 different times.
It would be a sick feeling if you went down in a remote area and couldn't locate you quad or plane.
But I do fly out fly out farther sometimes that ppl on 2.4gHz because I use EzUHF radio setup with 1.3gHz video.

Top Bottom