Quad 2 Or 3 Blade Props?

bigone5500

Would I get better performance from 2 blade props? I'm using 6040 3 bladed props right now. I was thinking of getting some 6040 bull nose 2 bladed ones for kicks.

Derek

I think its all personal preference. Three blade props are slightly less efficient than two blade props. But....while i have 2 blade DAL 5045 props on my Gravity 250 and my ZMR250, i do have 3 blade DAL 4045 props on my Shuriken 180. I did try 2 blade props on my 180 but i didnt like the performance.

Admiral

I experimented with props, I tried 2, 3, 4, & 6 blades. I found there was very little difference between 2 & 3 blades but 4 & 6 tended to maintain a hover better but seemed slower to respond to control, ie. drift out on corners a bit more. The real downside to 4 & 6 was the damaged much easier in even a small crash, I have two 250 size FPV quads that I still fly one with 2 blades and one with 3 and I think I prefer 2 blades although there is not a lot of difference. I always use bull nose in 2 or 3 bladed mainly because they don't damage as much.

Top Bottom