Micro 150 Drastic Action:)

Graham Lawrie

Tried my 150 today still spinning clockwise:(

I have the upgraded parts so a total strip down and 1 last attempt to get this in the air. Failure will result in a sale:)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Check the board... Make sure the top board is not broken on those studs that hold it up.. That too board is tail gyro. If it is, you can carefully solder that joint .

I also made sure that there was no vibration getting to the board , make sure it's not touching the body in any way.

Main shaft, main gear, main blade grip bearings...

Vibrations cause this drift. Hold the bird in your hand start adding parts one by one and spool after every part. See what makes the bird hummm the most.

Hope you figure it out

Graham Lawrie

Thanks Gaba:) I have stripped her completely and started rebuild with new parts. Removing the pins on the tail motor I damaged one so ordered new:) I am ready to complete it apart from that.
I have taken loads of pics on my phone, which I will post later:)

- - - Updated - - -

20140322_113417.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20140322_114618.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20140322_123805.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20140322_125008.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20140322_134201.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20140322_142209.jpg

20140322_113417.jpg

20140322_114618.jpg

20140322_123805.jpg

20140322_125008.jpg

20140322_134201.jpg

20140322_142209.jpg

Slobberdog

Nice Graham, I so fancy one of those 150's but man I don't know if I want the gamble of getting a good one, I have one money pit as it is with my fabulous 130x, don't particularly fancy a second at the moment,

- - - Updated - - -

Ps I love my 130x but want a micro for the living room

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lynx main shaft (carbon fibre) and lynx main gear make a HUGE difference in smoothness and crash resilience

Tony

Staff member
Graham, I see that you had to post a new reply for each picture. Are you not able to select all of the pictures at once and upload them at the same time? Just making sure there is not a glitch on the forum.

Graham Lawrie

No Tony sent from my phone so it won't load multiple pictures. Not a site issue:)

- - - Updated - - -

Lynx main shaft (carbon fibre) and lynx main gear make a HUGE difference in smoothness and crash resilience
I may try them on the next rebuild if I have one:)

Graham Lawrie

Well the saga continues:( My pins arrived and I soldered them on:) Started the rebuild and checked the main gear with a strsight edge and as suspected it was bent, but the material is soft enough so it straightened easily:)
Next I fitted the main shaft and head, went to line up the main gear and spotted the pinion was too tight to the main gear to align the teeth?

Very odd!! spun the motor by hand and low and behold......motor shaft is bent!! Looks like this was the main problem all along:(

I straightened it pretty good, but it will be a spare. Ordering a new one, but cant see if it comes with a pinion gear.

Sooooooo disheartened with this bird, but I never give up, so going to try the new motor and if there is no difference, this baby IS out of my life:)

Slobberdog

Glad to see your narrowing the problems down though Graham, this might end up being a great little heli for you

Lee

Got to see a 150 in action a couple of days ago in some quite strong wind. It did look and fly pretty well, although he had upgraded the swash and tail to RKN. Why on earth they didn't put a tail motor bumper on the original, i don't know. It just makes sense.
He did have a bit of tail wag though.
Hope you get your flying well soon mate :)

Graham Lawrie

Thanks Lee, quite easily been the worst one yet:) if I bought this as my first I would have seriously thought about never taking it up as a hobby:)

Graham Lawrie

20140402_194544.jpg
More cons from Align:( You buy a new motor and don't get a pinion gear. You have to buy a spare parts bag???

- - - Updated - - -

20140402_205111.jpg
She is back together ready for a test flight tomorrow:)

1 flight away from Ebay:)

20140402_194544.jpg

20140402_205111.jpg

Slobberdog

Fingers crossed for the rebuild maiden, could have just heated the pinion with the soldering iron and it would have slipped off, same as on my 130x

Top Bottom