Motors 130x motor pinion combo

Slobberdog

As some on here will be aware I am running a Xtreme carbon frame a Spin 8000 motor and 10 tooth pinion on the Xtreme autorotation main gear,

the recommended pinion for this setup is 11 tooth, but at the moment I am running 10 tooth what effects should I see going back to the 11 tooth, less or more flight time, more or less torque you get my meaning.

heli-maniac

I have the spin 8000 with the 11 tooth pinion . Running at a flat 75 Th curve it has more head speed with the 11 tooth . I fly it for 4 min.
My first build had the 10 tooth pinion and had to run it at a 90 th curve to have the same out come

Slobberdog

Thanks Jesse, I think mine is at 80% and running 3.30 at the moment but that's with the 10 tooth, but getting a bit of bogging if I am a bit over enthusiastic with the collective, not a prob when in idle up as curve at 85% and its a bit better then, not fond of flying at 85% or above in the hall though.

I might try the 11 tooth and see how I go I think,

Tony

Staff member
10 Tooth

More flight time, more torque going to the rotor head, slower head speed

11 Tooth

Less flight time, less torque going to the head, higher head speed.

cml001

I wonder what's on mine... I can remember.. I am using the spin motor tho... It's pretty spunky!.. Need to get those pitch slider arms replace and get her back in the air.. Can't believe u have to get the slider to get the arms!

Slobberdog

You might not get the arms to wear on there as quickly but the tail shafts are like butter, and the bearings Are wearing out on mine like nobodies business, save the 90 bucks and get the Lynx double bearing slider with those new links that Superbad gave the link for, I am thinking of ditching the tail to get these items

cml001

That's what I'm say'n... I don't wanna spend $90 bucks... I just want the arms.. I have rest of that tail already... Anyhow... Enough thread jack'n... What did u decide w the pinion?

Top Bottom