Micro 130x head wobble

xokia

I think I have become an expert in the 130x tail issues with all I went through to resolving my tail problems.

Now I have a head wobble that is pretty bad. It is usually only while decending so off loading the head.

I have tried new blades, new aileron servo(mine magically just stopped working),adjusted the gain on the main board to -3 on both aileron and elevator, I also checked that both blades are at 0 degrees at midstick, I also have the red O-rings installed.

Feather shaft isnt bent, blade grips are fairly new. Maybe a CG issue since I have the HP08 motor now?

This helicopter is realy starting to frustrate me it seems everything just decided to fail all at once at the exact same time ugg.....

Tony

Staff member
If you are in idle up, it could be spinning the head too fast with that motor. Maybe put a dip in the throttle curve to lower it 10% lower than full stick settings. Might help.

xokia

If you are in idle up, it could be spinning the head too fast with that motor. Maybe put a dip in the throttle curve to lower it 10% lower than full stick settings. Might help.

Doesn't have to be in idle up it will still do it at 75% throttle and also not idle up at all. I haven't found anything that jumps up at me as obvious :(

Tony

Staff member
What about the contacts on the servos? If they are anything like the mcpx servos, they will need to be cleaned every once in a while.

xokia

What about the contacts on the servos? If they are anything like the mcpx servos, they will need to be cleaned every once in a while.
They are just like the mcpx servo's.

It's a possibility. I have replaced 1 of them already for dieing on me. What are you cleaning them with? I tried taking a couple apart and cleaning with alcohol and a q-tip. I'm starting to get tired of throwing money at the thing though I might be better off going out and buying a new one.

Tony

Staff member
That is exactly how I clean mine. You may try getting some dielectric grease and putting on it to help the contact. I do NOT do this, but it is suggested so that there is some kind of lubricant on it.

xokia

if its not dirty servos then the main shaft is cracked
I think we may just have a winner. If this fixes it I'll be stoked!! Hobby shop it out of main shafts though :(
F9B014DE-BAD8-435C-ABDA-9A8605CD4BBA-3113-000023AA8F13B3AF_zpsedb14e1b.jpg

xokia

You have no idea how much this has frustrated me and how destructive that head wobble is. I broke a plastic tail box. Snapped a rear rudder shaft in half and went through 2 sets of rear bearings and a couple of tail grips.

I didn't realize head problems can show up in the tail. The shake in the head wasn't really noticeable with the stock motor. The HP08 really brought it out and it got worse fast but only on decent.

heli-maniac

thats why i dont use the stock main shafts on mine get a solid carbon fiber on or go metal . i use the Extreme productions with the one way bearing main gear
i should be getting my spin 8000 motor tomorrow

xokia

thats why i dont use the stock main shafts on mine get a solid carbon fiber on or go metal . i use the Extreme productions with the one way bearing main gear
i should be getting my spin 8000 motor tomorrow
Yea this is what I ordered the solid carbon rod. Xtreme production has the metal C gear now but are sold out :(

The HP08 is pretty good and the spin 8000 is supposed to be stronger. I'm kinda wondering if either of these motors will result in more stripped out tail gears though. With the stock motor you can grab the rudder spin it and the motor spins easily. With the HP08 you can not spin the motor by spinning the rudder.

Now you might ask why would you want to do that? On a crash when that rudder hits the ground the force has to go somewhere. The motor acts like a brake to the rudder gears. I have no idea if any of this will actually occur since I havent been able to keep mine in the air longer then 1 battery since I started having all these problems.

Last edited:

Lee

I'm late to the party on this thread. Had the exact same thing on my MCPX. Main shaft was cracked under the head block. Glad you found it Xokia.

xokia

So I got my new main shaft yesterday and swapped it in. 130x is back up in the air and I love the HP08! No bogging and the pop in any direction is great! Thanks Super Bad I was really missing flying this helicopter.

xokia

I spoke to soon. I haven't recieved the solid main shaft yet. So I went out and bought a stock one to get me by until the solid shaft comes in. Wouldn't you know it I cracked another one doh!!! I gotta say they are pretty dang easy to crack. At least this time around I knew what to look for. I gotta say I think the solid main shaft is a must have part.

heli-maniac

the head speed most likely the cause this time
i would go to the extreme shaft with the one way bearing if i was you its only 16.00 bucks

xokia

As much as I'd like to say it was the head speed I'm pretty sure it's my inverted crashes into the ground.

Top Bottom