12S trex 550

Lee

Thats new motor didn't even break into a sweat :) Can't wait to get mine going. Sounded like your tail gain needed to come down a few % I heard a wag in one of those funnels. Nice job mate :)

xokia

Thats new motor didn't even break into a sweat :) Can't wait to get mine going. Sounded like your tail gain needed to come down a few % I heard a wag in one of those funnels. Nice job mate :)
It's the GOV gain that needed to come down. This was the first two flights so I didn't have everything dialed in. Second flight was better and third flight which I didn't film I think I got it perfect now.

The thing screams you don't notice any loss of power through the entire flight.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Very nice video! You are progressing fast. Do you still run the Bavarian Demon on this heli? What changes did you make in converting it to 12s? I am thinking about putting a 120A ESC and a 700 motor on my next Trex 600 DFC. Wonder if that negatively affect the CG of heli.

xokia

Very nice video! You are progressing fast. Do you still run the Bavarian Demon on this heli? What changes did you make in converting it to 12s? I am thinking about putting a 120A ESC and a 700 motor on my next Trex 600 DFC. Wonder if that negatively affect the CG of heli.
Yea I have a BD on all my helis it's one of the better investments I have made. It allows you to push your skills and takes a lot of the fear out crashing. That fear is what makes people second guess themselves and holds them back. I find I rarely need to activate rescue but every single demon (I have 5) has paid for itself many times over.

To make is 12S you need an HV ESC usually a BEC and then just the batteries.

Ugh.....posted from iPad and had to fix double post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom