1000 watt computer power supply

richnlil2

hi need alittle help with this project.ive seen the video and read article by tony and coolgaba.eveything seem straight forward.just one question which tabs on leftside are connected to what type of connectors and the same on the right side.tony mentioned 4mm bullet connector. little more detail on that arear would help alot thanks

Tony

Staff member
That is actually exactly what they are. Just female 4mm bullet connectors that are soldered onto the spades. It's a little hard to solder them on, but with a hot enough iron, you can get it. If this doesn't answer your question, let me know what it is that you are confused by.

richnlil2

Thanks but there's 4 on each side which one do the bullets get attached to just want to make right connection.thanks

Tony

Staff member
Each of the 4 on each side are the same polarity. If you look closely, those 4 actually taper in to grab onto 2 different terminals, giving a server it's power. So on each side, I would attach the bullet connectors in the middle of the 4. This will ensure you get the most current by connecting to both of the poles on each side. Hope this makes sense.

richnlil2

Thanks when I get the power supply's and begin will post pic .this way I can be assured of things are right.thank you

Tony

Staff member
My pleasure. I will be looking forward to the pictures. Once you have everything done, it will all be worth it.

richnlil2

Well today I connected bullets on and servo wires wanted to send a photo of what I have done so far but don't know how..

richnlil2

Insert Image
X
From ComputerFrom URL
This is all I get I select pic but buttons on bottom to upload don't show up.
[h=2]Add an Image from your computer[/h]Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
Upload File(s)

richnlil2

getPart.jpgso far everything has gone well. just need to redo the bullets on the right one red.what gauge wire would be best to connect in series..when you check the negative lead thast still connect to board you just out black tester lead to case right.well will send more pic when done and ready for use.hey thanks

- - - Updated - - -

sorry thats my granddaughter i inserted her pic by mistake and cancel but i guess not,,,

getPart-1.jpg

getPart.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I think I'm using 10ga wire on mine. Should before than enough. And if you hit a picture that you don't want to upload, hover over the picture in the manager and click the x. I don't think you have editing permissions yet so if you want it removed, just let me know. Cute little one though.

Top Bottom