General 0 Pitch

concodd

Have done the servo arms and got the swashplate level as can be. Now with the pitch on the blades I have got one blade to 0.01 looking for a 0 and the other 2 measurements are 10.2 & 10.3. The other blade is 0.02 with a 9.9 and 10.5. Do you need to be dead on with the 0 pitch or are those figures that I have given acceptable.

murankar

Staff member
In some cases you should be fine. I would be trying to get the 9.9 just a little higher if you could. .01 off is acceptable at 0 pitch unless you have turn buckles the it would be easy to match both blades.

pvolcko

.1 probably isn't going to be noticable except perhaps in blade tracking. You'll have to look at that when you get it in a hover and see if you need to adjust one of the blades or not.

I agree with Matt, see if you can get that min/max of the second blade closer to the first. Seems odd that one is so well balanced between the two and the other is skewed.

How are you measuring pitch? Manual dial guage or a digital pitch guage? IN either case make sure you measure from the same location in the sweep of the rotor (usually with the blade pointing straight out from the nose of the heli). Do not move your gauge around to different locations around the heli, move the blades to your measuring position.

concodd

I am using a digital gauge, have managed to get both figures for both blades into the ten's keeping around a 0.1 or 0.2 for the pitch.

Lee

That will be fine. Once you get it in the air, you may have to adjust for tracking as not all blades are made equal. So these numbers will change anyway if you do.

Top Bottom