General Yet another question re-spool up

treff

Am I right in thinking that when setting up tx for a new heli that you set up for spool up mode then set up for flight mode. Set up for spool up the throttle curve goes from zero to 100% in a linear fashion so when you move the stick to say 50% of its travel you are at 50% throttle. Then you switch over to flight mode where the throttle is set to say 80% across its full travel. Of course pitch is also set accordingly but am I missing something or reading it entirely the wrong way. Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Slobberdog

Yes to a fashion, by spool up mode I think you mean normal flight mode then yes a linear curve would be ok but your pitch curve no, see Tony's 450 set up videos for more info, while learning this will be the only setting you should use.

Your flight mode, will be idle up mode, yes the curve would be more flat at as you say 80% ish but your pitch curve would be linear, that is you will get full pitch travel -10 degrees to plus 10 degrees, mainly used for 3d

Again see Tony's videos they explain excellently

treff

Thanks Slobberdog. I think I am confusing myself LOL Coming to the end of my first build so doing a lot of reading, probably to much. Old age does not come alone.

Slobberdog

No problems, like I said though Tony's ccpm and dx6i set up series gave me so much info, and its in plain English - laments terms. Have a watch of that on you tube, search rc-help and you will find them.

Reading lots of different posts or articles can often get confusing especially when your new to something.

Lee

Your throttle curve and pitch curve should be linear 0-100 when doing the set up. Once you have everything set up, then you can start to adjust your curves for your type of flying.

treff

Your throttle curve and pitch curve should be linear 0-100 when doing the set up. Once you have everything set up, then you can start to adjust your curves for your type of flying.

Thanks Lee. Just waiting for a battery and rx then the smoke will start to rise. lol

Lee

Lets hope not. We don't want to see any magic smoke being released. Otherwise something bad happened. Good luck and make sure you film it. :D

Tony

Staff member
One thing I would like to add to this. Please unplug AT LEAST two wires from the motor when you are doing your servo setup. Last thing we want on here is another member showing damages to his/her arms or computer screen because it spooled up. Safety first.

treff

Thanks for that Tony. I was going to get my wife to do all the adjusting while I standing another room with the tx. LOL

Slobberdog

When I plunged the motor in for the first time I had the heli fixed to the bench with no blades on it, overkill maybe, but lucky in another as my end points were out and I had motor running at low stick.

treff

That is a good Idea. I will get the wife to hold the skids and if it goes wrong she will lash it with her tongue and that I can tell you will stop anything in its tracks. LOL

murankar

Staff member
Please unplug the motor. I had my exi spool up on me when I was setting it up. My face was inches away from the main blades.

Never reverse channel 3 with out confirming it. Not that I would know or anything about that that.

treff

Please unplug the motor. I had my exi spool up on me when I was setting it up. My face was inches away from the main blades.

Never reverse channel 3 with out confirming it. Not that I would know or anything about that that.

Thanks for that murankar. Lots of good tips and knowledge on this site. Thanks for all the help. I'm just waiting on a battery then the fun really begins.

Tony

Staff member
It's better than a .55 size nitro 600 starting at full throttle... Yup, I did that hahahaha. Had the carb confused and had low throttle as WoT. That could have been very bad. Always check and triple check everything.

Top Bottom