Spektrum Yak 54 3x Help

FRANK REYNOLDS

I HAVE A YAK 54 3D WITH DX8 TRANSMITTER AND CANT FIND SETUP IT ONLY OPERATES IN FULL MODE AS3X NOT WORKING CAN ANYONE HELP. I HAVE TO HAVE THE AS3X WORKING FOR THE GRAND KIDS

RandyDSok

Ok... first let's address the elephant in the room ( so to speak... )... Please don't post in all CAPS ... that is called yelling and generally considered rude in forums and other areas of the internet... it's also harder to read.

A Yak 54 or any other 3D model is not a beginners airplane... even if you do have an As3x receiver in it... It is an advanced pilot's airplane and takes a lot of experience to actually fly one without crashing it often. In fact... if it says 3D, I'd recommend not letting a new flyer start with it... it's a good way to discourage a new flyer. There are plenty of good trainers out there to start with... save the 3D stuff for later after the pilot is experienced.

I'm really not familiar with the As3x ... but I believe I read that it has 3 modes and you assign a channel to it in order to change from regular, assisted and 3D modes.... but I'd refer you back to the instructions to verify that.

FRANK REYNOLDS

Ok... first let's address the elephant in the room ( so to speak... )... Please don't post in all CAPS ... that is called yelling and generally considered rude in forums and other areas of the internet... it's also harder to read.

A Yak 54 or any other 3D model is not a beginners airplane... even if you do have an As3x receiver in it... It is an advanced pilot's airplane and takes a lot of experience to actually fly one without crashing it often. In fact... if it says 3D, I'd recommend not letting a new flyer start with it... it's a good way to discourage a new flyer. There are plenty of good trainers out there to start with... save the 3D stuff for later after the pilot is experienced.

I'm really not familiar with the As3x ... but I believe I read that it has 3 modes and you assign a channel to it in order to change from regular, assisted and 3D modes.... but I'd refer you back to the instructions to verify that.
i always type caps in emails the grand kids are lincensed and fly with the big boys but are not 3d experts although they are on the simulater

RandyDSok

Yeah... emails are one on one and the receiver of the email is likely more tolerant than the internet as a whole.... and as I mentioned, typing properly is just easier to read for others.

The RC hobby is a great way to interact with others. My father taught me and while both he and I don't fly any longer ( he can't any longer and I have time/budget restraints ), we still have that in common to talk about. It spans the generations very well.

While I can't directly help with any of the AS3X receivers ... I can link you to a page that has some general info and has links to the quick start guide and a video... AS3X: Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology

If one of the others on here is familiar with it, they will chime in next time they swing by. You may want to mention which model receiver you have since there may be minor differences. The concepts should still be the same and if you had followed the instructions, it would have had you set one of the channels as the control so you could select which mode it is in. Which channel that is would have been your choice.

Top Bottom