Xl 550 Build :)

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well I wasn't able to fly this morning because it's been pretty windy here and according to the weather man/woman, it's going to be windy and rainy for the next couple of days :waa:. I already ordered batteries and esc for my XL 550. Next week I should be able to order my servos for this build :banana:. I was bored and figure it's a good time to start my build. I need to take everything apart to make sure every part is greased and lok-tite properly. I'm starting with the head and swashplate. For shit and giggles, I took a picture of the X3 parts compare to the 550 parts...WOW :cheerful:. This build is going to be fun :). IMG_0822.JPG More to come as I go :coffee:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Got a little bit more done last night on my XL 550 build. IMG_0823.JPG Tail assembly tonight while watching UFC :punch:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Admiral :thankyou: I got the tail assembly done this evning. IMG_0824.JPG IMG_0825.JPG IMG_0826.JPG Now I need to wait til i order my servos before I can move on :whining:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
The manual, diagram or PDF aren't the greatest on this build. There's no written direction...just pictures Lol. I said I wasn't going to build anymore til my servos are ordered and come in. Screw that, I'm going to get as much done as I can so when the servos do come in, it will be less I need to do to get her airborne :).

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Finally I got all my electronics together for the XLPower 550. I've been waiting on the esc since the end of May :(. I finished soldering the connectors on the esc and motor. Then installed the KST servos and Hobbywing esc this evening. Tomorrow I'll get some more done :). batch_IMG_0863.JPG batch_IMG_0866.JPG batch_IMG_0865.JPG

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
OH yeah...I'm getting even closer :banana:I have everything installed and setup in the AR7300BX. All I have to do is get the esc gov mode setup. Hasn't been done due to rain and life in general :buttkick:Anyway, here is the last picture of the XLPower 550...video next :eagerness: All done batch_IMG_0869.JPG and on the shelf til maiden batch_IMG_0874.JPG

Top Bottom