Which hat camera should I buy

Re: Which had camera should I buy

I've been playing around with the möbius and it's a really good camera, it has loads of settings you can tweak around with via a pc, or even an android phone if you have the right cable...

So far I'm really impressed with it, can't wait to get it on my heli though..

That laser is a brilliant idea, I've got a few laser diodes knocking around....I've got a small 7inch TV I've been using so I can see what I'm recording, but it's bulky and needs 10 AA batteries, the laser would be much better..

It was £40 from hong kong, well worth the money..

Derek

Yeah, I've heard a lot of great things about the Mobius camera. Something that I thought was really great about it is that, for FPV flyers, the camera has a cable that can allow the Mobius to take the place of our FPV nose cameras and record the flight at the same time. Just awesome! The clarity seems to be really nice!

Have fun with it, Tony!!!

thanks Derek, will do mate. im going to record my GyroLESS flight with it and my normal camera when i get the feathering shafts... god i hate waiting for parts...lol

concept30

you seen my hat camera videos, all i use is a iPhone, 720p, somone on this forum posted a picture of there home made hat camera, so i made my on and it works great cost me 0 dollars to make it

Stambo

I have a Mobius on order, tracking says "left country of origin" so sometime in the next week or so I should see it turn up.
I also have an idea for a mount for my AXN, once I get it made I will post some pics.

you seen my hat camera videos, all i use is a iPhone, 720p, somone on this forum posted a picture of there home made hat camera, so i made my on and it works great cost me 0 dollars to make it

thanks for that Dustin, ive got a Mobius now with a head strap, its cool.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a Mobius on order, tracking says "left country of origin" so sometime in the next week or so I should see it turn up.
I also have an idea for a mount for my AXN, once I get it made I will post some pics.

hey Stambo, who did you order it off, got mine from ebay seller in HongKong, only took 8 days to get to UK, pretty impressed so far. i also got head strap, bike mount and windscreen mount... quite a good deal.

Stambo

Mines coming from Banggood.
Was about the same price on Aliexpress and Ebay and I had some Banggood points to use.

Lanman

I have a Gopro Black
But i want a Mobius to throw on things.
I did another video today with the go pro on my Goblin.
But i was crapping myself that it would fall off and destroy my camera and my heli.

Same here Lee. I have a GoPro and I've used it mounted on my tricopter. One day I had a motor failure and it fell from about 40' onto the asphalt. My heart stopped when it hit the ground. Somehow it survived with a few scratches on the body. After that incident, I wanted a Mobius. I could stomach trashing a Mobius far better than a GoPro. I need to redo my tricopter mount so the GoPro is inside it's protective case. Until then the GoPro stays on the ground.

Dave

definately get a Mobius guys, its a brilliant piece of kit, superb video capture - this was a journey home in the MX5 after flying... using a windscreen mount -

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Jackson

This is my inexpensive alternative and it does 1080p video. I already owned the camera, the hat, a screw and washers.

2014-08-13 17.58.50.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.rc-help.com/showthread.php/13025-Great-Day-at-my-flying-club-Edge-540-VisionAire-TRex-500

2014-08-13 17.58.50.jpg

Stambo

Just got mine yesterday, no flight videos yet but I had a play with it and it's awesome. :)

This is my inexpensive alternative and it does 1080p video. I already owned the camera, the hat, a screw and washers.

View attachment 12660

- - - Updated - - -

Great Day at my flying club- Edge 540- VisionAire- TRex 500

Nice ides Ken, I've just watched some of your vids with it and there brill..

- - - Updated - - -

Just got mine yesterday, no flight videos yet but I had a play with it and it's awesome. :)

You won't be disappointed with the Möbius Stambo, it's cool. I'm still trying different ways to reduce the vibrations with it on my 450...I've tried foam, sponge, suspending it with elastic bands, still get the vibes though...

Stambo

You won't be disappointed with the Möbius Stambo, it's cool. I'm still trying different ways to reduce the vibrations with it on my 450...I've tried foam, sponge, suspending it with elastic bands, still get the vibes though...

It has been raining or blowing since I got it, I have had it on the dash of my truck and It does look good.
Weather forecast for this weekend is starting to look promising so maybe I can get some flight footage.

I know this sounds wrong but try a solid mount on your heli.
I found that worked best on my 500 with my other cam.
You will find it near impossible to get rid of vibration in a heli though.
Makes you realize the hard time these poor gyros get.

The light weight of the Mobius is both a plus and a negative.
The low mass makes it very susceptible to vibration.

It has been raining or blowing since I got it, I have had it on the dash of my truck and It does look good.
Weather forecast for this weekend is starting to look promising so maybe I can get some flight footage.

I know this sounds wrong but try a solid mount on your heli.
I found that worked best on my 500 with my other cam.
You will find it near impossible to get rid of vibration in a heli though.
Makes you realize the hard time these poor gyros get.

The light weight of the Mobius is both a plus and a negative.
The low mass makes it very susceptible to vibration.

Thanks Stambo, it does sound wrong lol, but I'll definitely try that tomorrow...I would have thought higher head speed would have reduced the vibes but it didn't... Made it worse...lol

Top Bottom