General What To Buy To See If I Like Fpv Quad?

ssschmidt4

Been flying helis forever and always will but getting an itch to try a fpv quad! I do not really want to build one at this point maybe just buy a ARF or something similar! Not really interested in racing just want to toot around with it. Can anyone suggest a quad to start with and maybe some decent goggles? I do not want to spend a crap load, just enough to get a good experience to see if I would like it! Thanks!

ssschmidt4

Thank you, but I am looking for something bigger than that. Something like a Darkmax 220mm, but it looks to be discontinued! Maybe something I just need to buy a receiver for or something that would bind up to dsmx. I am pretty sure I will like the fpv experience and looking for a quad I can grow into.

Tony

Staff member
I know you say you want something larger, but these micros now days can fly really well and when you are looking at them through the goggles, you would never know the difference.

The darkmax though is a great quad as long as you don't over amp the flight controller. It will drop out of the sky lol.

If you are interested, I have some links on the stuff that I use. Just let me know. I'm working right now so it may be a bit before I can post them.

ssschmidt4

The main thing I am trying to avoid is getting something that I will outgrow quickly! Been looking at GetFPV.com at their 5” Pnp models like the Diatone gtm530 as a starter? Then maybe if it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for I could do a full build later. I have flown my buddies 5” quad a few time (LOS) and I could tell I will catch on quickly!

Tony

Staff member
Ah okay. I have been out of it for a few months so I'm not sure what is out there now. But the 210's - 250's are great to play around with (5"). Keep us updated on what you decide to go with.

Top Bottom