What Should Rc-help Purchase? Members Decide.

Tony

Staff member
Nope, I use an electric starter lmao. Less work. If I had a gas plane, I still wouldn't use the chicken stick. Just know to get your friggin fingers out of the prop because you ARE STARTING IT lol.

Admiral

Only one I ever had problems with was a Cox PeeWee .020 it started at 27000 rpm and even with a spring starter it would catch you from time to time.

Tony

Staff member
So I have already ordered some "toys" for some upcoming videos and some tools to help out on some projects. I also ordered some mosfets for the monitor that caught on fire back in 2012 I think it was. That was an impressive light show lol. But I have had this monitor in my closet for years trying to decide what I want to do with it. Until now I figured just replace the bad driver board but I"m starting to dabble in component level work so I'm going to just replace the mosfet and see how it goes.

I also pulled the money I had in my banggood account (affiliate money from the links in videos and such) and I'm about to give banggood back their money lol. It's not going to be a complete "beginner" series, but in a way it is. You will just have to wait and see what it is that I will have coming soon. I think you guys will like it. Although it does start to reach the edge of "RC" and gets more into "Electronics", but can still work in the RC world. Only issue is I have over spent from the amount that I have in my account. Oh the decisions.

All of the cash in patreon is still there though. Still not sure what to do with that one. But I have a pretty good idea and it's something that I have been meaning to do for quite some time now...

Tony

Staff member
Second order has been placed. I went ahead and left everything in the cart and just "sucked it up" lol. Now we play the waiting game for it to come in from China.

bigone5500

Computer monitor? The boards can be cheap enough but sometimes you get lucky with a $.50 part. Gotta make sure whatever blew out the mosfet is repaired. What is the monitor model?

Tony

Staff member
The issue is the board is $20, at least that is the cheapest I have found it. The mosfets are only a few dollars for quite a few of them. Had to order in bulk unfortunately lol. Just gives me extras while I track down the cause. I'm thinking it just committed suicide and went thermonuclear because it could. They do that from time to time.

As for the model, it is a westinghouse TW-80001-S024A

I found the board a few years ago for about $15, but when I ordered it, I received a message from the seller saying that he didn't actually have that board in stock. Pissed me off lmao.

If I fail at this monitor it's no real loss. I just think it would be nice to have a 24" 4th monitor on my computer. I'm running triple 23" on the desk and would like a 4th just because I can lol. I used to have my little Tv up there, but it has horribly slow frame rates and refresh times and was unusable for anything other than static images. Watching TV on it (it's the TV I had in the truck with me) is pretty painful itself.

Top Bottom