What happened?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
What ever happened to everyone that had real flight? Used to be everyone had it. Now your all running that Phoenix program. If anyone on here still has real flight, lets get together on the weekends and fly! I mean I bought the 6.5 update for mine, then soon afterwards everyone quit! What the heck!

BOKI

breeze400; I saw Real Flight & it looked pretty nice but for some reason I was buying things off of Horizon Hobby & I bought Phoenix from them! A Hobby Shop in Morris Illinois sold it also but they were only open 4:00Pm to & 7:00 pm & it was a 40 mile drive & I bought it online ! Sorry to hear of your situation on the Sim! Would be nice to fly with You! The Best!

Westy

LEGEND
I tried .... G5 ..... it seems so primitive compared to PhoenixRC..... so I never moved on up to the newer versions

wolfman76

hey sam just let me know when i will fly with ya brutha i have both and as far as which one is better rf has its advantages and disadvantages same as phoenix i like both i like rf for the fact there is no boundaries as to how far out you can fly in the sim you can ask tony how we know that ..lol you got my # just post and give me a call whenever you wanna fly sam

BOKI

westy; I have saw a few Hobby Shops that had Realflight set it up in the shop right on a side counter! Never got to try it because someone was always on it! Looked nice though! Bought Phoenix at Horizon because I was doing lots of business there for awhile! Like Phoenix though! The Best Dave

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
hey sam just let me know when i will fly with ya brutha i have both and as far as which one is better rf has its advantages and disadvantages same as phoenix i like both i like rf for the fact there is no boundaries as to how far out you can fly in the sim you can ask tony how we know that ..lol you got my # just post and give me a call whenever you wanna fly sam

I didn't know you had one or we could of flone last night. Oh well. Next weekend!

RandyDSok

Back during when the versions were RealFlight v5.x and Phoenix 3.x.... Realflight seemed to be the favorite for airplanes and Phoenix for heli's.... On both versions next version... the gaps between them narrowed more. Now, from what I'm reading... there doesn't seem to be a favorite as much... Realflight v6.x improved its heli model flight characteristics and from what I've heard Phoenix's airplane flight model improved a lot... At this point, it came down more to preference and price than anything...

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Back during when the versions were RealFlight v5.x and Phoenix 3.x.... Realflight seemed to be the favorite for airplanes and Phoenix for heli's.... On both versions next version... the gaps between them narrowed more. Now, from what I'm reading... there doesn't seem to be a favorite as much... Realflight v6.x improved its heli model flight characteristics and from what I've heard Phoenix's airplane flight model improved a lot... At this point, it came down more to preference and price than anything...

I had rf 5.5 at first. Then Tony and a few others got rf 6.5 and were flying every weekend. My rf 5.5 wasn't compatible with the newer version for on line flying. Then I got the upgrade and upgraded to 6.5. Week or so later, Tony sold his and everyone quit playing. Now everyone is hooked on Phenix.

I'm not going to invest another $129.00 on a new sim! Plus I'm not really keen on seeing my good tx's upstairs on my desktop. Knowing me I'd drop them and brake them! Lol.

RandyDSok

I had rf 5.5 at first. Then Tony and a few others got rf 6.5 and were flying every weekend. My rf 5.5 wasn't compatible with the newer version for on line flying. Then I got the upgrade and upgraded to 6.5. Week or so later, Tony sold his and everyone quit playing. Now everyone is hooked on Phenix.

I'm not going to invest another $129.00 on a new sim! Plus I'm not really keen on seeing my good tx's upstairs on my desktop. Knowing me I'd drop them and brake them! Lol.

Well.... You know Tony is fickle right.... :D lmao

I got Realflight v5 ( upgraded to the lastest v5.x release of course ) when I started to fly rc again... I only got it to learn/practice with and not to play around so I don't go online with it and really have no desire to... I would like to upgrade mine at some point in order to have the updated flight characteristics but I'd rather spend that money on something else instead...

In short, it depends on what reason you have a sim for ... If you want to play online with others, you have little choice other than to get the same software... but if you are just needing to learn or practice, I can't see that it matters which one you get. I guess it is unfortunate that the other folks are using Phoenix when all you have is the latest Realflight... but only you can do something about that at this point unless you can talk everyone else into purchasing RF

Tony

Staff member
One thing to remember is you do NOT want external speakers. It creates a HORRIBLE echo in the sim. I ask everyone that is on with me to wear headphones. This keeps all of the feedback and echo's in check.

BOKI

Tony your right I got on the sim! Yesterday I had the speakers off & my wife had turned the sound on! So with headsets external speakers are turned down all the way or off ! When I first got on the sim couldn't figure out what the noise was! The Best!

Top Bottom