what a great day

Adam

Two batts in on the Trex and one fuel tank on the raptor and more to come today it started snowing had to go in lol.
Trex
[video=youtube_share;RTjagCBPcuo]http://youtu.be/RTjagCBPcuo[/video]
Raptor
[video=youtube_share;LbaqqLYC61M]http://youtu.be/LbaqqLYC61M[/video]
Still havent gotten this engine dialed in yet but getting closer but i put an exhaust adapter on it cause without it, the heli realllllly got trashed with exhaust now its not bad but i have the exhaust shooting parrelel with the ground.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Is that the new bird Adam? Nice flying! Your way ahead of me. Nice flight on the nitro too. Just a little short! If you went thru a tank of fuel that fast then your way to rich. A tank should last you 10 12 minutes just hovering around like that! Got some work done on mine today. Check out my tread!

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
I wonder if your nitro kit came with skid nuts. My Align 600 and 700 kits did. The rubber nuts help absorb some of the vibrations during spool-up, keep the heli in place until the motor spins up to speed and you have some + pitch.

I just recently started using pitch curves with 0 degree at mid-stick. At first, without the skid nuts, the heli was dangerously sliding around during spool-up, I had a hard time keep it under control since the motor had not spun up to speed yet. I tipped over and damaged Erazor during a spool-up in this manner.

Adam

Thanks Ken i will be cruising through your neighborhood this week lol. Indianapolis either tuesday or wednesdey lol. And yes my camera girl today was freezing lol.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Nice job! Nitro sounded good

Do you check back plate temp with your finger after flight?

You should be able to keep your finger on the backplate and hold it there for about 5-10 seconds before you think it's gonna burn you.

If its too hot to touch Richen it. Sounded much better than the last video :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Adam

Thanks gaba and yes i think she is still a little lean cause once she heats up the smoke slowly dissapates. I did not run a full tank on this flight either cause it started raining lol. And thank you so you mean the needle valve not the mixing screw which i think i have dialed in not sure yet. And i always wondered where to put my finger lol thanks for the tip.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and one thing i noticed is i finally decided to flip the idle up and well it sounded like nothing happened. i will get an video of it. And recheck the multigov settings but i went with what we discussed.

Tony

Staff member
You should start with adjusting the high speed needle. The problem there is, you need to put the engine under a load to tune that one properly. Long pitch pumps will do the trick, but flying is fast tight circles is ideal.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Because you are using dx6i (If I am not wrong) multigov will keep one rpm .. Period.

If you want higher you gotta turn it on with the LCD programmer change it and fly. You don't have the seventh channel to control head speed.

So when you are confident puttering around on lower head speed. Before going up again, change it to a higher head speed and then go

With multigov and dx6i.. Idle up will only mean change in pitch curve as throttle will stay out at whatever rpm is in multigov.

Adam

Tony i will give that one a try i think i am getting closer though lol. And gaba that makes sense that is why you said i only had three wires on the multigov. And on that note i think i already have it on the 3d setting headspeed but i wll double check it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks frank

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Tony i will give that one a try i think i am getting closer though lol. And gaba that makes sense that is why you said i only had three wires on the multigov. And on that note i think i already have it on the 3d setting headspeed but i wll double check it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks frank

3D setting I think puts it at rev limiter more than a governor. I am guessing you checked the throttle curve setting for rev limiting mode right. ? :)

Adam

Umm no for 3d setting you still put an rpm which i think you came up with 2000 I am guessing here and then the throttle curve is 100 95 90 95 100. So when i am in the lcd just leave it on the 3d setting or will i have to change it everytime lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Umm no for 3d setting you still put an rpm which i think you came up with 2000 I am guessing here and then the throttle curve is 100 95 90 95 100. So when i am in the lcd just leave it on the 3d setting or will i have to change it everytime lol

Nope you don't have to change it.. You can change from 3D to normal. It isn't your rpm it's how it handles keeping it. I run normal on my vibe.

Haven't tried 3D settings.

Top Bottom