Weekend flying :) Maidening the Warp power plant and flying my Vibe 50 big block

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Warp 360 Scorpion motor ICE edge lite 50 Maiden (power setup) - YouTube

There is a noise, help me figure out what it is. regardless to say the head is gonna be pulled apart with main gear and bearings on that side inspected. BUt it FLIES AMAZING!!

Vibe 50 Big Block OS 91HZ flight - YouTube

Here ..Flying the vibe, tuning the governor and also the needles.. Now I say in this vide "IF YOUR PLUMBING IS ALL DONE RIGHT.."

well... I found out that my plumbing was about to fall apart. Last night I took off the tank and the clunk line was DEAD.. had holes in it, and I touched it and it fell apart on both sides. Having a header tank was definitely a help, but man, definitely, I was loosing backpressure because of it, the header had bubbles in it with tank even 1/4th full.. Luckily the header has its own clunk so yes it didnt send bubbles up the line but the fuel pressure definitely wouldnt have been enough

I inspected the header, and the pick up clunk line was too narrow for me to feel confortable with the it, and it didnt wanna go back together and seal well, so I took it off. Now the plumbing is all new. I pressure checked it all to make sure I dont have a leak anywhere.. and I am sure when I go back to the field next time, engine is gonna run a bit cooler and may be even richer.. who knows.. But this goes to show, all these helis not just nitro but electric also need constant ground care.. Yeah sure few weeks or a couple months you can just go fly and come back and put it back, but after a while, you will need to go in and do in detail inspection.. Thats why.. I also like to rebuild my birds every once in a while.. haha

keeps me from craving a new build, and ofcourse keeps the helis healthy :)

Adam

Dude that bird is awesome and let me tell you that your flying has come along way let this be a lesson to everybody that practice practice and knowing what works for you is how you get to here.

Lee

I get the same tinging noise occasionally. My thought is, its the belt being a touch too loose, and its slapping against the boom.

Lee

If you are only getting 4 mins, reduce the head speed a bit. I'm running 2300 and i can do all the moves i want with that, and get 6 to 7 mins.

Tony

Staff member
Some great flying as usual Gaba. Looks like you are getting those piros down pretty good.

If those cracks in the ground get any bigger, they are going to swallow you and your helicopters lmao.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lee: tore up the head and main gear.. My belt is pretty tight. I never used to get this noise but I just started getting it..
The noise seems to be the one way. Which is fine by me as it locked just fine. When I turn the main gear with my hand i can hear some chirp or click sometimes .. That was my one way.. I closed it up yesterday then cause now I know I don't have a bad radial bearing or something like that. One way's make noise some times... ESP after a few crashes

Also found my tail main pulley (the one on the bottom) was cracked at its mounting points . Probably the crash in the house lol . So changed that too .. The crash in the house was my most expensive crash on this bird yet. Ugh

Ohh. I like high head speed heehee I might put low headspeed at iD1 .. For warm ups

Tony seriously man!! I slipped my foot into a few of them a few times. I move around when flying, and my foot would bend a slip into one occasionally. Horrible

Adam and xokia thanks :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom