450 WARP 360 Build

fhu667

I'm really not happy with the servo arms on the Warp. More specifically, I'm not happy with the carbon fiber overlays for the servo arms. I'm afraid there aren't enough threads going into the servo, and it will back out eventually. I guess I have two choices, longer screws or ditch the carbon fiber arms. I think I will ditch the arms, and I'll evaluate as I fly.
carbon servo arm.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I've finished assembling, so I thought I'd add a pic or two. My cabling isn't the prettiest, but that is as good as it's going to get. There might be a maiden flight today.....
20140411_193954.jpg
warp.jpgwarps.jpg

carbon servo arm.jpg

20140411_193954.jpg

HeyWire20140411_202056.jpg

warp.jpg

warps.jpg

Lee

I throw my warp around pretty hard. Never used the carbon servo stiffeners and never had a problem in over a year and a half.

Good luck with the maiden. :)

murankar

Staff member
If those are nylock nuts the A's long as the screw threads into the nylon your fine. If not then some thread locker should keep them on. Since Lee has more hands on with his I would take his advise on the subject.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

fhu667

I have heard of people with belt drives complain of having some static electrical buildup interference stuff? Has anyone with a Warp here on the forum done anything to address that, or is it unfounded?

Lee

I have not done the static mod, and have had no issues so far. I do give the belt a spray with Silicon every once in a while.
If you live in a very dry environment then it couldn't hurt to add it.

pvolcko

Spraying it down is a good way to go. I've also heard that it was some early Spektrum DSMX recievers that were having the issue and that it doesn't happen with their newer stuff. Not sure if there's truth to that or not.

Top Bottom