450 WARNING on all Radios, I tried recently to put in a backlight to my Spektrum 6xi.

orbi

I put in a new backlight in my radio and even after being ultra careful with all the video s and info ive had on the plug in and play it still would not work. after many many attempts it ended up in the bin.( it eventually just fell apart) the wires fell out along with some tape that they were fixed together with. This was a $4 Hobby King backlight. just dont bother, its rubbish.
My LCD screen failed and just would not fire up , I got the bleeps ok but no visual, I must have replaced the ribbon 10 times, in the end I phoned Horizon in UK and got a repair , ... a new LCD screen. Cost £29 GDP ouch.
They said that most of their repairs are now streaming from attempted installs of backlights. Not only that that ALL clubs and guys who need flyers insurance will be void if any attempts are made of installing the backlights.... so guys be warned. You will have an invalid insurance!
I emailed Horizon USA to get a UK support/ repair but they advised me (from USA) that they will not repair a radio that has been tempered with and they do not sell spare LCD screens either so I was lucky even to get it fixed at all.

Stambo

I put a Hobbyking plug and play backlight in my turnigy 9x about a year ago when I got it, no problems.
I would not even attempt it if it was not plug and play, but that's just me.

Tony

Staff member
And now people are seeing why I stopped selling the backlight. Sucks about your issues.

murankar

Staff member
I have the blue Hobby King back light kit that I put in my fIrst TH9X and then I switched it to my second TH9X and it still works great.

Top Bottom