500 Walked away with Two Helis today..

Question: I have Trex 450 Pro DFC, 250 Pro DFC, Goblin 500(not built yet, still in the box) and I love the way the trex's fy. But looking at these protos helis, they look to be built pretty good. How do they compare to the Trex heli's. I am considering buying a Proto 500. is this as good as the Align Trex or better.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Question: I have Trex 450 Pro DFC, 250 Pro DFC, Goblin 500(not built yet, still in the box) and I love the way the trex's fy. But looking at these protos helis, they look to be built pretty good. How do they compare to the Trex heli's. I am considering buying a Proto 500. is this as good as the Align Trex or better.

Protos knocks align out the park in quality

Once you'll fly and build that .. You'll see yourself

I am not an align hater.. I love them .. Just fair comparison

And then the goblin.. If you don't have defects out the box because of mishandling, will be even superior
Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member

My Trex 450 is FB and since it being my first 450 size CCPM it was exciting..as for the PROTOS, I mean i got my throttle curve set at 65 and with a 6S, it screams and when it screams i get hand shakes...lmao I mean no comparison to the 450. but of course i try to give 50/50 flight time for both.

and as coolgabsi stated about the goblin. it is awesome! I seen them fly....lots of power on that bird

I have only found on line the flybar version (or what looks like to be the flybarred). Do they come in a flybarless and which website do you recommend buying from. I see they have them at Amain Hobbies. do they only make 450's and 500's?

Lee

The Mini Protos is a 450 size. It can be stretched to 500. And the Protos500 can be stretched to 550. They are also about the release a 700. And they all come in FBL as well.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I have only found on line the flybar version (or what looks like to be the flybarred). Do they come in a flybarless and which website do you recommend buying from. I see they have them at Amain Hobbies. do they only make 450's and 500's?

I have only seen them sell as a flybarred version and parts to sell and convert to FBL. Maybe I am not searching enough. As for the website, there are a few out there but for me I go for the one that I have used before and trust, now that's just me.
As LEE stated there is a 700 that would be out soon. so if you are looking for a bigger heli than a 450/500, then I would wait.

murankar

Staff member
I have the Protos Mini and let me tell ya it's just awesome. Of course I started on the EXI so that would not be a fair for me to rate the against one another. The Protos products are solid, really solid. I have somewhat decent servos, a high end esc and a cheap tx fitted with frsky module and rx. My heli is so stable and smooth in sky and the control is spot on even with a flybar (which is how mine is setup). Check out the pics I just posted in the Picture area. Since I have the 450 and know how it flies, I cant imagine just how well the 500 flies. Plus I have seen it rumored the a 700 is scheduled for release soon. The color scheme on the 700 is Purple black and white.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I have the Protos Mini and let me tell ya it's just awesome. Of course I started on the EXI so that would not be a fair for me to rate the against one another. The Protos products are solid, really solid. I have somewhat decent servos, a high end esc and a cheap tx fitted with frsky module and rx. My heli is so stable and smooth in sky and the control is spot on even with a flybar (which is how mine is setup). Check out the pics I just posted in the Picture area. Since I have the 450 and know how it flies, I cant imagine just how well the 500 flies. Plus I have seen it rumored the a 700 is scheduled for release soon. The color scheme on the 700 is Purple black and white.

I'm loving the 500 with the IKON setup, compared to a 450 this is way to smooth. I seen the 700 and not liking the purple, thats just me. I was looking at setting up my other 500 to a fBL non-stretched but the high head looks just ugly to me. so i am going to stretched it again i just like the way the low FBL looks. now i would have to 500 stretched. might consider selling one of them(maybe).

Tony

Staff member
Broke? No!!!! That is not the correct word for this situation......

ADDICTED!!!!!!!

Yup, that's the right word!!!

murankar

Staff member
I guess now you will have to sell the second Protos. You should get about $700 for it. That could soften the blow of a goblin.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
I guess now you will have to sell the second Protos. You should get about $700 for it. That could soften the blow of a goblin.

I kind of like the fact that when I am done flying one heli, I just pop a batt on the other and continue flying...LOL back up heli

- - - Updated - - -

Broke? No!!!! That is not the correct word for this situation......

ADDICTED!!!!!!!

Yup, that's the right word!!!

LOL...good quote..I always wondered why everyone has more than one bird.

Top Bottom