Video Glasses Comparison

Tony

Staff member
As you know, I purchased a new pair of video glasses a couple weeks ago. When I received it, I did a quick video to test them out. I noticed right away when I watched the video that the audio was over modulating. So I took the mic out of my old pair and put it in there. This actually made it too quiet, but it didn't help that I have it turned around backwards.

I ended up leaving neutral feedback for them and was contacted by the company. They wanted me to be happy, and lets face it, there are not many companies out there that will do that, hence the neutral feedback. But they told me that they would send me another pair for my troubles and I agreed to post a writeup and comparison for them here on the forum.

I'm thinking they must have gotten a batch of glasses that have bad microphones, because these new ones are over modulating again. It's not a big deal since you can replace them pretty easy, but you shouldn't have to. With that said though, I'm going to be doing a video on how to replace the Mic. This is the cheapest pair of HD 720 glasses that I have ever found. And I think it's worth it to replace a $4 microphone for the quality of the video.

Below is a comparison. I left the audio alone when I put them in the editor so this is the sound that they record with. As I stated, it's not a big deal to replace the mic, all you need is a soldering iron with a small tip and steady hands. I might just do some testing to see if I can make them a little quieter without having to resolder a new mic in there. There are ways to make this happen, and I'm going to find it hehe.

Watch the video and let me know your opinion. I will be sending the link to this thread to the company that sent me the glasses. They are here to make you happy and will correct any wrong with a sale.

Video Glasses Comparison - YouTube

Karubah

There is a definate difference, the new ones are a lot louder but sort of scratchy. The second ones with the new mike are a lot quieter maybe just a bit too quiet, but then I'm half deaf any way. In saying that I prefer the sound of the second ones. Hope this drivel makes sense Tony.

Top Bottom