Vibe 55 with Synergy Blades, Edge tail, and Funtech muffler

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Vibe 50 , OS 55 with Funtech B320 Synergy 606 rails and Edge 92mm tail - YouTube

changed a few things:

Main blades are now Synregy rail 606's -- I am gonna see how they feel.. THe cyclic was slower.. (I was at Maverick G5 Pro 600mm blades before).. SO MY expo is coming wayyyy down to 5 percent now.. from 20.. The heli took wayy too long than I am used to, to flip.

Tail blades are 92mm edge SE instead of 86mm KBDD I was running before .. Bigger blades and bigger tail just held in perfectly.. I thought I would have to go lower on gain.. but they were perfect.. NO tail give in pitch pumps anymore. And thats the biggest I can go on this bird anywaz.

Realized that the Gear mesh on the clutch and main gear was too loose: Meant not enough surface area for a good power transfer and a possible gear strip inder high load. I wasnt wanting that.. LOL.. SO it is tighter.. Not tight.. It could go tighter, but I will have disasemble the engine and muffler again. The mesh is good now. NO noise.. no bind.

and Muffler bottom bolt was too loose: Well.. Guess what I was loosing power. LOL .. YEs It is obvious. I saw fuel sprays around the muffler .. So .. now this was dead on. And yes It flew well You can hear it in pitch pumps. NO BOG

and ofcourse the rebuilt TRACX 50 head. THe tracx head I had was not built right. And then It failed finally after numerous flights .. Not TRACX's fault. My fault on not checking the manual, and getting the right parts. well.. I didnt know. So now I am back on JR balls on swash, and stock comapss links, with right head spacer and dampener.. Fully rebuilt BRAND new head now in it! ANd It was locked in!! :D

There.. too windy to really fly fast.. as it was sunny and i wasnt just comfortable to go any faster to do what I wanted to.. This was just to test out the head, and see how the new blades do.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
With my kind of flying.. The heli flies 8.5 minutes to 9 minutes .. Hovering around on a lower rpm just puttering you can get 10-12 minutes on a tank easy.

As far as the flight cost.. to a user who buys fuel from LHS at market price .. this is Rotor Rage 30 percent I am flying. : thats 32 bucks for a gallon

One gallon gets me 10 flights and usually one half tank or so.

That makes it 3.2 bucks a flight...

For me.. As I buy from dealers around here, my price ends up being more like 1.5 a flight. I am gonna go to Racing VP fuel now. 30 percent.. its got higher oil content so more fuel efficient as i can make same power on less fuel intake. :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
GABA, my club just locked In A great price for fuel. I just bought 2 gal of cool power for $38.00. I think is 10 or 15%. Can't remember at the moment.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
GABA, my club just locked In A great price for fuel. I just bought 2 gal of cool power for $38.00. I think is 10 or 15%. Can't remember at the moment.

Awesome!! I think that is enough for your engine there

I don't think it likes 30 percent.. Check on that..

But that's a great deal

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ya well it comes with three head gaskets. If you go to 20 or 30% fuel you have to add a gasket a piece! I was told by our align pilot that its not that big of a difference so I left that alone! Lol

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ya well it comes with three head gaskets. If you go to 20 or 30% fuel you have to add a gasket a piece! I was told by our align pilot that its not that big of a difference so I left that alone! Lol

Till you smack like Tim jones you ain't seeing a lot of difference.. Btw his ys120 was running on 15perxent on that video.

You'll have more than enough power on that 105!

heli-maniac

so do you like the Rail blades
i just put a set of the 326s on the 450 got a smoking deal on them
going to put the Revolutions on the 550 i bet there alot better than the Align blades

pvolcko

Wow, wind sounded like it was ripping pretty good. Also, judging by the smoke trail. :)

Great flying, Gaba. Were you expecting the blades to affect cyclic response that much?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Wow, wind sounded like it was ripping pretty good. Also, judging by the smoke trail. :)

Great flying, Gaba. Were you expecting the blades to affect cyclic response that much?

I wasn't . The head geometry has changed a bit.

The swash balls are a little smaller... Minute difference.

The blades are total of 12mm bigger ...

Ill fly again with lower expo and see how that does ...

Adam

great job ya I blew my muffler apart lol ordered new stock for now and looking for a good affordable tuned for my tt39. maybe a century if I blow another stock

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
great job ya I blew my muffler apart lol ordered new stock for now and looking for a good affordable tuned for my tt39. maybe a century if I blow another stock

Read the reviews :)

How did you blow it?

Adam

what reviews the stock or tuned.
I don't think it was assembeled correctly.... it has a bolt down the center two seals and a nut. when I landed the muffler was bouncing up and down lol nut gone and the first seal was gone. I think it happened on a piro it didn't sound healthy.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
what reviews the stock or tuned.
I don't think it was assembeled correctly.... it has a bolt down the center two seals and a nut. when I landed the muffler was bouncing up and down lol nut gone and the first seal was gone. I think it happened on a piro it didn't sound healthy.

Stock mufflers are tuned too... But whatever you get just read reviews on how difficult they are to tune

My funtech b320 for example was a tuned pipe which OS then rebranded as powerboost 2

A395 I had before was powerboost 1 :)

Just see if Curtis Youngblood , hitori, sab, or funtech make a pipe for your engine specific. You will love all those.. They have been really successful in the past

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

Paul

I was thinking about this all night.. and I just remembered.. That I have just rebuilt this head and I rebuilt it with new KBDD dampeners and the KBDD spacer. That actually made the head very hard to move.. not smooth like drop by itself on its weight.. It was like I had to move it with some force. That is normal with the KBDD setup on my tracx head, as the dampeners and the spacer being rubber / plastic/ whatever material that is, loosen up and break in after some flights

That means m y servo were overworking in this flight, and that the head wasnt free like it should be respond fast like it should. That I am sure is another reason of having a much slower cyclic response. I am hoping in next couple flights, the dampeners finally free up and it regains its agility

pvolcko

That would make sense. Unless the new blades had ridiculous amounts of flex to them it didn't track that they would result in cyclic response issues like that.

murankar

Staff member
I use the revolution ones myself. I have nothing to compare them with other than the exi blades. they do cost more than align blades.

Top Bottom