Vibe 50 big block (with os 91) flies !!

Tony

Staff member
Wow, I thought it was going to die there a couple times. What happened after you shut the camera off? Lean that sucker out some more, lower the gain on the Gov and put that monster through it's paces!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah the governor pulled the throttle way low .. too much gain.. sounded like it quit.. But it was going to idle FAST.. Not good for a rich engine.. but it didnt quit. After the video stop, I did start it again, it didnt flood. Flew it a bit more. Normal mode was ok.. but as soon as I would hit higher rom ID1 or ID2.. the hunting would get WILD!!

Yeah just two little things to fix and all is gonna be great! :)

xokia

That thing looked super rich but congrats for getting it going should be a fun heli once you get it running right. I'm wondering if you will have to run a hotter plug on that thing. You will need to check the engine temps and see if it gets up to the proper operating temperature then adjust accordingly.

Tony

Staff member
I don't know what the wind is like down there, but here it's blowing pretty good. I was going to take the 450 out and do some Gov testing, but the wind has other ideas for me. I'm sure the 90 can withstand it though lol. Get out there and tune that sucker in!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Solid! are you using the IKON? I tried installing it in the G4 but can't get the GOV to initiate nor program the SL. Any ideas?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yes all my birds are ikons. This is installed here with a zeal tape as nitro birds are vibration monsters

Governor not initializing...? How? Let me know how I can help

DAL2855

Banned
Man that thing is a beast! Can't wait to get the Ikon on my 550! It was super stable with the 3G once I got it dialed in perfectly! And I'm swapping out the servos for some that are .03/.04 speed .03 on cyclics and .04 on the tail. So it should be super smooth and stable!

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Yes all my birds are ikons. This is installed here with a zeal tape as nitro birds are vibration monsters

Governor not initializing...? How? Let me know how I can help

Are you using the IKON's Gov? I have an external gov and I just need to recalobrate. but not liking it since it uses the AUX 2 and now I cant use SL. what sensor you using if you are using the ikons gov?

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
On the 55 engine I used the ikon governor with a magnetic sensor

This one has back plate .. Governor has been a bit screwy with engine change but it just needs re setting up

As far as my electric birds too.. Yes I use ikon governor on them too ...

For warp I am using Phoenix Edge's inbuilt rpm pickup and feeding that aux line into the ikon

With my big one -- whiplash .. I use a hobbywing 2 phase digital sensor.. And I have made a common ground too as I use a separate rx pack :)

That is important as the motor off a different battery than the rx so the ground isn't absolute if its not common.

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Let me see what I got on this bird..I just picked it up and not aware what the GOV brand is and since it is my first nitro its a whole new learning curve for me. It currently flies(beastX) and have hovered it the other day. I really feel more confident having some kind of back up like the SL. speaking of SL, does it work on nitros too?

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
So I sat back with a six pack and looked at the bird..DUH! I have the magnetic sensor already and all i need to do is plug it into tthe Ikon GOV port. :duh: I know..I know..It must have been the beer thinking at the time lol. I will be trying it out this weekend after some serious bench test first. If all goes well you will be seeing the PROTOS on the forsale forum with Beast X installed (Maybe).

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
Alright Gaba! I got everything hooked up and going to try it out this weekend..but one question, what should my throttle curve be at? when I had the external Gov with Best X I had my normal curve at linear and my IU 100-95-90-95-100. should it stay the same or go with what the ikon states 65% straight across for IU1 and so for normal.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Alright Gaba! I got everything hooked up and going to try it out this weekend..but one question, what should my throttle curve be at? when I had the external Gov with Best X I had my normal curve at linear and my IU 100-95-90-95-100. should it stay the same or go with what the ikon states 65% straight across for IU1 and so for normal.

You will need to stick with what ikon says

60 and
90 flat

Then in normal mode from point one to point two keep it ramp up

So it'll be 0-xx-30-30-30

Why? Soft start. Once your soft start expires and you land, and want to take off again, you won't have that soft start it'll start hot at 30percent flat..

So :)

Island Breeze

Senior Rc-Help Member
You will need to stick with what ikon says

60 and
90 flat

Then in normal mode from point one to point two keep it ramp up

So it'll be 0-xx-30-30-30

Why? Soft start. Once your soft start expires and you land, and want to take off again, you won't have that soft start it'll start hot at 30percent flat..

So :)

Solid! I will be out there this weekend to give it a try. FYI..i got DX7s with only IU1 :(

Top Bottom