General Using a connector on a bec

murankar

Staff member
What connector is recommended for hooking up a bec? I am changing my pack connectors to EC3 on this new build. So would the EC3 work as the connector or will that be to much mass?

Derek

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I have a couple bec's on my planes and they just have the BEC "servo" connector that goes to the rx and, on the other end, the red and black wires are just soldered to the red and black leads from the ESC to the female battery plug.

murankar

Staff member
going to the flight pack. I know some like to use a connector so they can apply power to everything but the motor.

murankar

Staff member
Someone on here had made the mention and it makes sense. basically you would have two extra leads running into the esc connector, at the end would be your connector for the bec.

pvolcko

I use EC2s on my BEC power source connections. EC3s would work, but they are overkill in terms of current handling capability.

Like mentioned, I do it so I can use something besides the main batteries to power up on the bench and avoid powering up the ESC and motor when possible.

murankar

Staff member
I am looking at being able to hook the battery up to it. I don't want a bunch of special adapters just to power a bec. I want to keep it as simple as simple as possible.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom