Ups and DOWNS of flying

Slobberdog

Well got to the field this morning and set up, got the 130x out for my warm up flight, some of the plane guys were around with one in the air,

So sat the 130x on the ground powered her up and off we went, just messing around but about a minute in got it a bit confuddled somehow got it like nearly inverted about ten foot off the deck, but gave a bit of pos pitch and started to come down to Mother Earth, well got it back upright but could not quite get my orientation back, and was close to the ground, so gave it neg pitch yes you heard right neg pitch, somehow my thumbs and mind were out of sink, so in effect dumb thumbed it into the earth tail ish first,

Broken bits, landing gear, tail fin oh and a bent tail shaft, and that's it, only problem now is I can't get a microheli tail shaft in the UK, so I have had to customise my original tail grips to fit, for now until I can get hold of the shafts,

Repaired but have no skids, but test hovered and seems to be fine,

And the UP's

Flew two batteries through the 450 and that felt really spot on, even if I did have a lot of nerves after my knock with the 130x, it's surprising how much confidence a crash takes away, spent most of the batteries gently plodding along in controlled manner, and the other thing was, I was nervous about the planes in the air on the field at the same time as me, but he could see I was nervous and stayed away from me,

cn63bug

Sorry to hear about your mishap Kev. Hope it doesn't take long to get the 130 back in the air. And I can relate to you about the confidence thing. It does mess with you after a crash.

Slobberdog

Yeah it does Chris, but the heli is fixed just need skids but should have those on Tuesday

Bit of a pain not being able to get the shaft but got a fix in place that is working and means I can fly the std shaft.

Graham Lawrie

Unlucky Kev:( I thought I was reading the best excuse for getting a 150 lol.

It's amazing how we all revert back to our trusty 450. I had a similar experience the other week with my big birds but fortunately no crash:)

Onwards and upwards old bean:)

Last edited:

cn63bug

Yeah, I keep a few of the shafts on hand now (although, it took a bit to get them). But my mod that I did a while back is still holding very well. The stock shaft is so much stronger than the MH shaft anyway.

Slobberdog

Graham

Even though I would love a new toy, the 130x I love, if I did not have this flying so well I would get one, no doubt

Chris

Yes I will be ordering a couple as soon as I can get hold of them, I have 3 good shops that normally have them so it's just a matter of time.

treff

Sorry to hear about thumb problem Kev but you sound well on the road to being back with the 130x. Had a few hang ups my self lately LOL.
Still, all part of the fun. Cheers.

Slobberdog

Well just had good news, the shafts I want are on the way to my supplier and should be here early next week, and he's going to hold a couple for me,

cml001

Yeah I have to re-do my tail on my 130x.... Bad vibration.... Honestly I haven't chased it down... But I've smacked it around enough prolly need to replace most of the tail components for good measure. Why can you not get micro heli in the uk?

cml001

The metal shafts are pricey... But I've had good luck with it... Lasted a good while, I was worried about bending it... But so far so good... U may wanna try it.

Slobberdog

which shaft are you on about, I have the metal main shaft and titanium feathering shaft, its the tail shaft I am suffering with, not the others

cml001

Oh.. Gotcha... U don't like the blade tail shaft? I've use it with microheli tail grips, they work fine too.

Slobberdog

Well the micro heli shafts have finally come back into the supplier so have ordered a couple, will be able to get the proper kit back on the tail, and fly properly as at the moment it has a slight bind where I bodged a fix to get in the air,

Top Bottom