Up in flames

RMB677

I beginning to get the feeling some greater power doesn't want me flying helis. Since my 450 isn't operational I decided to get my flying fix yesterday using my E-Sky E500 coax. As is my fate I decided on one more loop before quitting based on battery time. A gust of wind pushed the heli into a bush, when I picked it up I saw it smoking, it gave a couple of "kicks" and the 3 in 1 unit burst into flame. Throttle was full down on the Tx. Luckily I was able to blow it out. Inspection showed the 3 in 1 burned and the servo that was behind had a hole burned into it. Don't know for sure if the 3 in 1 caught first or the servo. Parts are on order.

Roger:heart-borken:

PS My home computer is also acting up, glad I'm at work and can use this one.

Tony

Staff member
Dude, that sucks. I have never been an esky fan just for these reasons. I have heard more times of them catching fire. I don't know about you, but I don't like flying fireballs lmao. Hope you get it all worked out soon.

RMB677

Parts for the E500 (E-Sky coax) came in today. Installed them and test flew the heli. All ok, no trim, gain, etc. issues. Look like I'm back to two helis, the E500 and the Blade450.:tickled_pink:

RMB677

Just flew a full battery and I must have done something right. The heli is more stable and controllable than originally out of the box and after tweeking, almost hands free hover. Must be a better 3 in 1 controller. Since the younger Granddaughter does fairly well on the Realflight with the coax I might even giver her a shot at it.:disillusionment:

Now if only I can get to this point with the 450.

murankar

Staff member
Practice practice practice. That's all I do right now. I can fly alright on real flight but with the real deal its different. Keep it up.

Top Bottom