450 Unhappy with my Wiring!

Lambar

:disgust: I am extremely unhappy with the manner I ended up leaving my wires. I would like to redo the whole thing.......any suggestions of where I could look and find precise suggestions for the Align 450 Plus? Maybe a thread with pictures or a detailed video? Tks.

Karubah

Can you post pics of how your wires look at the moment. We can then follow up with some possible suggestions.

Graham Lawrie

:disgust: I am extremely unhappy with the manner I ended up leaving my wires. I would like to redo the whole thing.......any suggestions of where I could look and find precise suggestions for the Align 450 Plus? Maybe a thread with pictures or a detailed video? Tks.

Hi Lambar, I did mine this way:
Align trex 450 pro complete build video (freddy can fly) - YouTube. The only problem I have found is that you need to make sure before you CA under the bearing frame is that you properly flatten the wires to allow enough so they are not tight going into the 3GX.Minimum amount of CA as well to enable you to remove:)

danhampson

Lambar

image.jpgHere is a picture of my heli. Terrible.
I did review that video posted here, but my set up has the Giro below. I found it very hard to manage the wires going in that direction. I need to either find a way to do that, or change the giro to the other position. Thoughts anyone?

image.jpg

danhampson

Oh my OCD. i fitted the gyro on top just because i thought that it would be easier for programming and my rx is where you have your gyro. you just have to make sure you bind the rx before installing because its nearly impossible to get to once assembled.
One of the advantages of this method is that one side of the frame can easily be removed for maintenance/repair.

callsign4223

Staff member
I know Tony did an awesome wiring job on the Trex450, but I moved the gyro up top after buying it from him and changed the wires around. He might have some pictures of how he did it or be able to explain it better.

Slobberdog

As Danhampson has said I too put my gyro on top nearly all the wires the go under the platform and I do think its easier to program as you are not turning the heli over all the time to see what is on the gyro, here's a couple of pics of mine just for you to see how it looks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I also put my motor wires outside so they are easier to disconnect

image.jpg

image.jpg

Lambar

I did mine the same way, it left the build super clean with no wires at all on the outside of the frame.
What does Freddie use to create the magnet look to secure the ESC wiring above the servo?
Also, where did he add in this video his Rx and how do those wires travel up to the 3gx?

Tks.

danhampson

he drills some holes in the battery plate to secure the esc then uses some cable ties (zip ties) to secure it.
i built mine the same was apart from running the tail servo a differnt way.
ive got to take mine to bits so i'll post some pictures as i rebuild on the crash thread (Another successful rotavator conversion).

Slobberdog

he drills some holes in the battery plate to secure the esc then uses some cable ties (zip ties) to secure it.
i built mine the same was apart from running the tail servo a differnt way.
ive got to take mine to bits so i'll post some pictures as i rebuild on the crash thread (Another successful rotavator conversion).

Align in thier instructions have put if you have a fault with an esc and they see signs of zip tying they will not honour warranty

Tony

Staff member
I think it's the Gear Mesh video. I think lol. Can't watch them since I'm having to use my cell phone for internet after lastnights storms.

Top Bottom