450 unexplained lift

hawk-i

hey guys I got a head scratcher I was wondering if you guys can help me with. I just built a 450 trex v2 flybar clone I made up out of parts I bought here and there and when I tried to hover it for the first time I noticed it would just lift without any more throttle input than I had it at hover. It's not the radio [dx6i] because my other choppers fly fine. It's not the wind cause there was none when flying. seemed like the lower the battery got the worse it got. It was almost like it was bouncing by the time I got it landed and almost crashed. Anyone have any ideas? Also the gyro light will not go out when in rate mode with settings below 50. I got it at 30 and it still stays lit. It is an eflight g210. I think it's supposed to go out in rate mode because I have one on another bird that go's off and on when switched between head holding and rate mode. any ideas?

Lee

How high do you have the heli? Could be ground effect?
Or play in the linkages/servos allowing unintentional pitch change?
For the gyro, I don't know. Possibly you don't have the gyro switch assigned, and its still in HH when you think its in rate? Just a thought :)

murankar

Staff member
Whats your head speed? When the head speed gets into the right range you will see the heli bob around a bit. I had that happen with my EXI 450 pro. I had a 3000 kv motor with (i think) a 12 or 13 t pinion.

Once i got the head speed back up the heli stopped bobbing around.

As for the gyro not sure what the deal is. I would take Lee's suggestion. Make sure the switch is assigned or make sure the settings are correct for rate and hh. Double checking cant hurt.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

hawk-i

That's kind of strange on the gyro. I got another heli with the same gyro and the light go's out when in rate mode. I powered it up tonight and it went through it's little song about three times when I would wiggle the battery connectors so I think I'll recheck my solder joints and bullet connectors. I guess it could be dropping out of the sky and then getting connection again and lifting up. Thanks for the input guys

Top Bottom