Unanimus Vote To Destroy 'Drones' By The Senate

Tony

Staff member
Just come across an article on a news feed that I watch that has me shaking my head.

Republican Sen. Ralph Shortey authored a bill that would allow ANYONE to destroy ANY 'Drone' not registered with the FAA. This is by any means necessary, be it by a gun, net or whatever except where it is illegal to discharge a firearm except for personal protection.

The issue I have with this bill is, HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU KNOW IF IT'S REGISTERED WHEN IT IS FLYING ABOVE YOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is going to create a crap storm in the community here in Oklahoma. There are going to be 'drones' shot down numerous times that ARE registered and those that are not registered, it's going to cause fights and maybe even worse.

The government needs to get their heads out of their asses and realize that all of these "regulations" are hurting everything more than helping.

The chairman of the governor’s Unmanned Aerial Systems Council, Stephen McKeever, does oppose this bill because even though these 'drones' are radio controlled and a hobby, they are still an AIRCRAFT and it is against FEDERAL LAW to shoot at any AIRCRAFT!

And so it begins in Oklahoma. Guess I got into helicopters again just in time. When people think 'drones', they think quads, not helicopters or airplanes. And everyone knows, my neighbors are gun nuts and will take any chance to squeeze off a round or two...

#KeepRcHelisAlive is not just a hashtag, it's what we need to do to keep this hobby going!

Derek

The last statement is interesting, "Stephen McKeever serves as chairman of the governor’s Unmanned Aerial Systems Council, which opposes the legislation. He says drones are classified as an aircraft and that it’s against federal law to shoot down an aircraft."

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I put that in my post above, but quite honestly, I think he is going to get shot down on that one. These are "hobby grade" aircraft not manned aircraft. I hope he wins, but I'm not holding my breath.

Oldensly

We have too much regulation now, I like President Trumps attack on over regulation that for every new ref that two must die.

Top Bottom