450 Unable to reach full pitch - EF Cypher 3D

crashlflash

Hi There,

I recently completed the set-up on a Cypher 3D after watching an excellent C-Help.com YouTube clip.

All was good apart from the fact that I could not reach full suggested pitch of 7-8 degrees in neither positive or negative throws. The servo links are at the suggested spacing of 10mm from center to ball joint , only -6 to + 7 degree pitch could be achieved as a max.

Question; do I extend the servo travel limit via the Tx (a Dx6i) or have I possibly missed something mechanical?
If its the Tx, on the Dx6i, do I go and in to adjust the "travel adjustment" for each cyclic servo or is there something that I can do via the "swash mix"? Apologies if this may seem basic but I am on a steep learning curve...

As for the heli, it would not take off properly with a weak hover around 2ft. This unfortunately ended up with me picking up bits of blade and a bent shaft....now to find a shaft...the Rip..x distributors don't have stock. I have a spare Cypher but am now also wondering if my energies are best concentrated on having something else up and running.

Advice re. the pitch issue and a possible docile learner 450 would be welcome.

Tony

Staff member
Go into your Swash Mix. Depending on what you are wanting to raise, you will choose Aileron for your aileron travel, Elevator for your elevator travel, or Pitch which is for your collective travel (swash plate moving up and down). Just raise the numbers in there and it will allow more throw. I believe the default numbers are 60 for all 3.

crashlflash

Hi Tony,

That is a great help, thanks. I have checked the Swash Mix and you are right, all 3 are set at 60. If a larger number will give me more travel = more pitch, that is exactly what I need.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that is exactly what it will do. And, if you have a swash movement that is backwards. Aileron, Elevator or Collective, then you just take that number in the swash mix menu and make it a negative.

Top Bottom