UMX Beast X 3D

Ken Jackson

Man I love this little plane. Had several people telling me to buy a cheap slow trainer. Glad I trusted my own instincts. Planes are easier to fly then Heli's for sure. At least more relaxing. Have no problem with control flying at myself or away. Hopefully that will help when I get my Heli's back in the air. The one I had been flying is waiting on some parts, yeah I crashed it.

Currently building an HK500 don't remember the letters after that but it is Flybarless with torque tube tail. Trying to get through the IKon set up and she'll be airborne later this week.

Anyway I was hoping someone else would post some videos in this section. Going to have to rename it to Ken's HD videos, Lol

BeastX 3D - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
:damnit:

I have kept myself from watching the micro beast videos because I knew I would want one. And sure enough, I want one lmao. Great flying! Gotta love the AS3X (I think) stabilization system on those little things. Makes it fly much bigger than it is.

and I must have been asleep at the wheel for a LONG time. This section is for HD video cameras, not videos. It's for those that are looking to record their flights, but don't konw what camera to go with. I will be moving all of these threads to the videos section shortly.

Ken Jackson

:damnit:

I have kept myself from watching the micro beast videos because I knew I would want one. And sure enough, I want one lmao. Great flying! Gotta love the AS3X (I think) stabilization system on those little things. Makes it fly much bigger than it is.

and I must have been asleep at the wheel for a LONG time. This section is for HD video cameras, not videos. It's for those that are looking to record their flights, but don't konw what camera to go with. I will be moving all of these threads to the videos section shortly.

Ever have one of those days were you are so smart your stupid? I think I just had one, Lol. Yeah it's pretty obvious and I remember talking about cameras back in April.

Well I'm obviously human, Duh!

LMAO
Ken
: - @

Tony

Staff member
It's all good bro. Hell Lee, Gaba, Matt and myself have looked at every one of them and none of us caught it lmao.

I still want one of those planes though.... ugn

Ken Jackson

Yeah it all seemed normal to me, haha.

I Just picked up a 130x for $100, was my buddies and it is in good shape. Have to replace blade grips, one is stripped and won't tighten other then that it should be flight ready. Yeah! Believe that when I see it, Lol.

Have to finish my IKon education. So far I still like 3GX set up but that's because I'm used to it. I remember thinking how difficult it seemed the first time through. IKon shouldn't be any different in that regard.

Maybe Westy will get an adrenaline rush and finish that IKon how too overnight. I have to get my head back into work tomorrow.

Ken

Lee

That plane is awesome. My friend had one. Really quite fast for a small thing. :)

Derek

Great flight, Ken!!! Very cool! That sure looks quick and agile.

Ya know...in the first post of this thread, you stated that flying planes might help you when you get your heli's back in the air. Now...I'm not as experienced as quite a few others on this site, but I had that same thought after buying my Phoenix Sim and my Trex 500. I was thinking that if I flew some inexpensive foam board planes, and got pretty good at it, that it would help me with my orientations. I have noticed a great deal of improvement in my orientation drills since flying these foam board planes. Because the cost of repairing a foam board plane is so inexpensive, it took a lot of the "fear factor' out of the equation and I really feel that it has helped me a great deal.

Seeing you fly that Beast X 3D the way that you were shows that you are doing quite well. Great job buddy!!

Ken Jackson

Thanks Derek. It is a 2s so it is pretty fast. But have you seen that Inversa, holy crap that thing is insane. I can't believe the surface area of the ailerons. It is a 3s 300mAh it is crazy fast. My friend just bought it. He had his dual rates down to 30 to fly it and said he was trying to just fly straight and was accidentally doing flips and rolls.

I have my rate set at 70 on the Beast. I do crank it to 86 for barrel rolls but switch it right back it is touchy but the AS3x makes this plane a lot if fun.

Ken

Derek

YES!!! That "Inversa" is awesome looking! I, personally, don't feel that I'm quite ready for a "store bought" plane yet but if I did want to buy one...that "Inversa" would one that would be awesome to have.

Tominator06

Rolling Harriers Are My Drug!
The original umx beast was my very first rc airplane. Had a lots of fun with it. She needs a new top wing right now but I plan on getting her airworthy again soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Jackson

Dude great videos! Thanks for sharing. Been flying this plane on the simulator for almost 2 years, when I saw it in the store 2 weeks ago I walked out with it. It is so great to fly. Had to dumb down my dual rates because it rolls on a dime and high speed banked corners don't need that much response time. I flip the D/R up to do barrel rolls but flip it back before I get to the corners, Lol.

I have done the hover in the wind you were doing. Being a helicopter guy I thought it was cool to hover a plane that way. But your inverted is awesome. I do it on the sim but not ready to try on the Beast outside just yet. I'm also concerned how my brain will do switching back to helicopters. Should be OK cause I love the inverted hover and inverted high speed pass.

I tore the aileron control arm and wing piece completely off so I replaced the wing set already. Got a good lesson in not to use too much glue. But she still flies fine.

Ken

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Yeah, I have the low rate down to 70%

- - - Updated - - -

Very fun to fly and extremely acrobatic, at least on the simulator. give me a month or two with it and I'll get a little crazier. But it is smoking fast.
Ken

Last edited:

Ken Jackson

Tony you gotta get one of these. so smooth and easy o fly. Set dual rate down to 75 for a while though. I've nit gone above 85, it jut moves 2 fast but the 3ASx is amazing.

Think you'll like the ending of this video.

Ken

Beast 3D - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
haha, you should have seen Matt and I out there shooting video the other night. Matt had to be quiet because of the videos being shot. He took his heli up, did some flying then landed early. All of a sudden you would have thought a snake bit him with the sounds that he was making lmao. I lost it. There were a lot of little gnats or something in the grass and they all jumped on his legs lmao. I have video proof, just need to get it uploaded in a blooper reel or something.

Great flying. Some pointers on the flying. When you are doing loops, cut the throttle by 50% or a little more when you are at the apex (top) of the loop so you are not powering it into the ground.

You said you have not gone above 85% on the DR. Try adding some expo. Gives you full travel, but makes it easier to fly if you don't bang the sticks around.

but you are right, I need to get one. Sadly, my allowance for this month is already gone with teh purchase of the gyro for the 600N and the new 450 that is going to be used for comparison videos. The wife tells me that I have enough planes as it is lmao.

Karubah

Mannn!!!. That little plane is quick. You would want better eyes than I have to keep up with it. Nice flying and a great landing.lol

Ken Jackson

Mannn!!!. That little plane is quick. You would want better eyes than I have to keep up with it. Nice flying and a great landing.lol

Thanks Andy

- - - Updated - - -

haha, you should have seen Matt and I out there shooting video the other night. Matt had to be quiet because of the videos being shot. He took his heli up, did some flying then landed early. All of a sudden you would have thought a snake bit him with the sounds that he was making lmao. I lost it. There were a lot of little gnats or something in the grass and they all jumped on his legs lmao. I have video proof, just need to get it uploaded in a blooper reel or something.

Great flying. Some pointers on the flying. When you are doing loops, cut the throttle by 50% or a little more when you are at the apex (top) of the loop so you are not powering it into the ground.

You said you have not gone above 85% on the DR. Try adding some expo. Gives you full travel, but makes it easier to fly if you don't bang the sticks around.

but you are right, I need to get one. Sadly, my allowance for this month is already gone with teh purchase of the gyro for the 600N and the new 450 that is going to be used for comparison videos. The wife tells me that I have enough planes as it is lmao.

Good tips Tony, didn't think about adding expo. I just know that thing rolls so fast but expo will help.

Thanks again,
Ken

Top Bottom