Spektrum TX settings advice for Newbie please?

Blade 400

Could someone please advise?

I want to make changes to my DX6i Tx settings that will make my Collective pitch Heli (Blade 400) more docile for learning Hover and slow circuit flying?

I don`t want the ESC to overheat by dialing down the Throttle too much and I don`t know which settings are the best re: Expo ie... Plus or Minus? and how far from 100% to go?

In Clearview Flightsim I have been using 75% Rudder 75% Elevator 30% Aileron and I find 0 Expo gives me the right feel (I tried -30 Expo on all three and the Heli wasn`t responsive enough)

Thanks

Blade 400

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
My go to for stable and non aggressive flying is DR at 70%, Expo at 35% (None on rudder or throttle) and set your collective pitch to 10º both positive and negative with 0º at mid stick and set an idle up for 70-75% flat so you have a stable head speed. You are not pitch pumping, so you don't need to worry about a V curve.

Don't worry about that ESC, it's made for this. 100% throttle will make the helicopter twitchy

Oh, and set your cyclic throw to about 6º.

Blade 400

My go to for stable and non aggressive flying is DR at 70%, Expo at 35% (None on rudder or throttle) and set your collective pitch to 10º both positive and negative with 0º at mid stick and set an idle up for 70-75% flat so you have a stable head speed. You are not pitch pumping, so you don't need to worry about a V curve.

Don't worry about that ESC, it's made for this. 100% throttle will make the helicopter twitchy

Oh, and set your cyclic throw to about 6º.
Cheers Tony, I`ll dial them in :thumbsup: I`ve got some new upgrades coming including a better Gyro and D.O.G. advised me to put lighter training gear on too, So I should be flying a more stable bird by the end of the week - I`m practising with a Blade 400 in the Clearview Sim to get the muscle memory locked in :biggrin1:

Top Bottom