bigone5500

I wanted to have a mount for my small camera and also needed a way to attach it to my planes. I didn't want to have it right behind the prop and I had seen one mounted on the vertical stabilizer. I had an idea for a mount using popsicle sticks. I cut two pieces 1" long to go on either side of the foam and cut another at 30mm for the camera to sit on. I measured 5mm from each side and cut 4 notches with my hobby saw to a depth of about 2mm. I then used my xacto knife to cut at a 45 deg angle forming a 'V' shaped notch at each point. I hot glued the base to the other two pieces and will drill 3 holes to accommodate different mounting positions. The camera is held in place with a thin 3/4" rubber band. I will need to extend the power wires so they can go into the fuselage and connect to the 600mAh battery. I feel the hot glue is sufficient to hold the camera and is just right to detach if a c...when a crash happens.

20171204_172833.jpg 20171204_172444.jpg 20171204_172323.jpg

Capn Pete

On a different note. Will any FPV goggle work with any drone that has an FPV screen? Or are they proprietary like TX to RX?

Tony

Staff member
Most FPV VTX's are 40 channel, so as long as you can get those channels on your VRX, you will be able to get a video signal. They are not like standard Tx's and have their own frequency, FPV has a set frequency for each band and channel and all manufacturers use them.

rjhenry

I know that cam setup is very light, but you are adding it as far back as it can go and it will affect your CG , make sure your not tail heavy before you Fly !

Capn Pete

FYI guys!!! Last time I logged in here I eneded u- with a ransomware attack!! Used AVG software and got out of it;. Had to delete my browser and start over. Good luck everybody!!!

Tony

Staff member
I would like all of the information you can give me on this. My server scans for viruses every day and I have had nothing come up. It is possible (especially this time of year) that it was one of the ads on the site. I remember a few years ago there was a horrible one that almost destroyed this site. Unfortunately, I don't have enough supporters and I don't make enough money to get rid of said ads, otherwise I would. But again, I would like all of the info you have on this issue and I will do everything I can to resolve it.

Capn Pete

I don't remember the exact time, but probably about 4-5 PM. All of a sudden I got a red screened popup with a female voice saying Ihad gotten a virus and I needed to call the number on the screen asap. It locked up myentire computer and would not let me close it out. It kept adding little pop up windows faster than I could close them out. I pressed CTRL Shift ESC and brought up the task mgr. Closed out every item witrh my browser, Firefox. Then went into the C drive, deleted all the files for Firefox and directories. Then re-installed Firefox. Had no more trobles after that. I also went online and installed AVG anti-virus softeare, in addition to the PCMatic I alaready have. I wish I had written down the phone nummber, but was too anxious to get it off my screen. The longer it's there, the more of a computer it will infect. Hope this helps. Don't know if it was because I had logged on here, necessarily, but it hit me the minute I opened up the page, so I thought I would warn you. Hoped it hadn't ridden in on my coat tails when I logged in. Good luck, Pete.

Tony

Staff member
I'm going to PM you about this so that we don't take this thread too off topic. If anyone wants to be included in the PM about this, just let me know and I will add you.

Top Bottom