Misc. Turnigy Servo Tester

bigone5500

Thought I'd share this. I used a 3 AS A battery holder with switch to power the unit. Double sided tape to secure it to the holder.

20180118_182948.jpg

Admiral

Not sure if it's the case with that one, but I have an old one that looks the same and while it works great for Analogue servos with Digital servos they twitch a bit making you think you have a faulty servo. Hopefully they have fixed that in the later models.

Admiral

It's a pity that, it's a handy little tester, I still use mine to center digital servos without issue the twitching is only when you use Main or Auto.
The digital Turnigy test is not as simple as that little one, no centering function you need to adjust it manually.

exsnapper

My first post here, folks.
I have the Turnigy tester and have been using it for 2 years now with analog servos of many different makes.
Today I was attempting to set up/test the Align digitals supplied with my new Trex-Dominator 470LP construction job.
All that happens is the tester goes mad, flashing through the 3 different settings, not allowing me to set mid point or run auto mode to bed the servos in.
Im confused as re-checking with some old Futaba 3003's, they are ok.
Is this normal or am I being a newbie-numpty? :help:

Tony

Staff member
I would make sure you have the polarity correct. Other than that, it should work. If you can run analog, you should be able to run digital. It's the other way around that can burn stuff up (running analog with a digital signal, way to high of Hz and will burn up an analog servo).

And welcome to the forum!

Admiral

Welcome to the forum Exsnapper, the only time I've had a reaction like that is when I've inadvertently tried to use it on a high speed tail servo with a 760µs pulse length and 560 Hz pulse frequency.
DON'T DO IT you may damage the servo. I think they are only designed to use on Analogue servos but are safe on Digital servos with a pulse length of 1500µs or 1520µs.

exsnapper

Thanks guys. I have checked on the Align site and the pulse rate is 1520. I have now got a new tester on order. I have never used digital servos before, so this is something I will have to learn about. The 'cheapish' analog servos are what I use in my plane and boats. Deeper pockets are going to have to feature in future !

Admiral

Don't throw out your old tester, I find my old one quicker and easier to use on cyclic servos when building or setting up 1520 Hz servos, one of my digital ones you have to center manually and the other only centers no other functions but it does do 760µ, 960µ, 1500µs, & 1520µs.

murankar

Staff member
If your just getting into helis and are looking for a cost effective setup? Then look at KST servos. They are fairly decent for the price.

Top Bottom