380/420 trying to get back up with the times

murankar

Staff member
I decided to window shop today for either a 380 or another 200-300 class frame. Leaning more towards a 380. Anyways went on heli direct just to gander at what is still around and or new on the market. I have to say i am a bit out of touch with what's out there. MSH is gone, Specktrum has a new radio line, Vcontrol and NEO have some major updates, Mikado actually made a sub 400 class model. So much new stuff out there. New brands some brands came back and some are gone. Lots to get caught upon. For now I think I'll just rebuild the OG X3. Need servos motor, esc and a flight controller. I might go with my specktrum Sat on it and fly it on my DX6. I think i have Kbar laying around but need the old V5 Vstabi to program it. Let's see how it goes. Oh and I'll need so 6S packs maybe 1800mah packs.

Geena

Staff member
Actually the Protos line is still around. RA and Cindy from XL Power bought them out, and brought them back. They are just not called MSH now. They are under the XL Power name.

Geena

Staff member
It's crazy to see the changes.
Remember the Protos nitro they were working on? RA and Cindy made it happen. They also offer a standard aluminum tail boom for those who don`t want, or like the carbon fiber tail boom.

murankar

Staff member
I have not had a Protos since 2015 when I killed my Protos Mini. I loved that little guy It was fun to fly even though I want much beyond hovering. I would really love to rebuild that kit one day. Maybe who knows. Right now I need to get the helis out and fly first.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Right now I need to get the helis out and fly first. Hey URI. Glad to hear you like to get back into it :). I would get back on the horse first before breaking out the stallion lol.

Smoggie

The XL/MSH Protos 380 'Evo' is a fantastic heli. One of my flying buddies has one and loves it. If I were in the market for a heli of that size that's the one I'd go for no question

Top Bottom