General Trx 500 DFC Build

Good Morning all

I have a question about the installation of the main shaft bearings.
page 7 shows the bearing holders in place in the frame as they come installed with the bearing. I may have installed mine incorrectly as i have the lettering on both holders facing upwards., whereas it shows that the engraved lettering should face inwards but its not clear that BOTH should be so.
i think this may be an error on my part as looking again closley at the diagram, one bearing looks like it is installed from the top and the other from the bottom
Can anyone offer any help-confirm there is a certain way these bearings should be installed

Thank you

Thanks Sparse, it seems that they are installed in opposition to keep the shaft from moving in either direction ( up or down). I just can't see which way that is as they are pre installed in the block!
I'll take another look and it might be that as they look identical that they must just face each other....let's see :/

Sparse

the bottom bearing in the block faces toward the main gear, and the top bearing will face up toward the blades.

Slobberdog

They go in so they can't work out, therefore the top plate the exposed bearing will be on top and the bottom plate the exposed bearing will be on the bottom, then if they do work loose for any reason they will be held in by the gears and the shaft collar.

If the other way they would fall into the void between the two bearing blocks and that would be bad.

Top Bottom