Cars trouble

Mad bogger

hey boys new to this web but i need some help cause my ezrun wp sc8 and surpass hobby 3665-3100kv are haveing some issues as they keep on stalling am running 3s atm on this setup

RandyDSok

I'm not a car/truck guy... but all of the ads for the motor state it's a <16.8v motor which would be for up to 4s batteries.

Mad bogger

sorry i worded that one wrong
when i exalerate it gets to about 10 km breaks and doesn't want to run again

RandyDSok

I understand the language barrier can be an issue... but with enough info we can get over it but you didn't give much info that would be needed to help you.

What you are trying to explain could be caused by several things. You could simply be running out of battery ( the capacity of the battery is given in MAH ). You could be overheating the motor or ESC which could damage them or kill them completely. You also could simply have a bad connection somewhere. To help figure it out you need at least some basic technical info about each of these parts.

Were you trying to run it at full throttle... that could cause trouble if you were. The motor, ESC and batteries all have amperage limits and/or capacity limits and typically full throttle ( if you were trying to use that ) could cause you to burn up the motor or ESC and could run down your batteries quickly.

The ESC you have is probably not limited... it's rated to have a continuous amperage of 120A and a peak of 760A... Just remember that peak amps is for a very short burst of current and should not be used for very long at all... just moments at a time at best. Staying under the continuous amp limit for the ESC should be fine as long as it has plenty of air flow over it so it doesn't overheat.

The motor also has it's own limits... as mentioned the voltage is 16.8v which is what a 4S ( four cell ) battery can provide. I can't find it's recommended constant amperage but the burst amperage is rated at 80A. Like with the ESC, you shouldn't run it at it's max amps except in short bursts.

Batteries... batteries have several specs and all of them are important. There is the voltage, the amperage they can provide and the storage capacity. Using a 3S battery, the voltage you are using is at max charge 12.6V. The capacity is rated in MAH ( milliamp hour ), you didn't provide that so it's hard to guess how long the batteries you have would last. The last part is the amount of amps the pack can provide... these are typically given in a C rating. Your battery has two of these C ratings, how fast they can be charged at and how fast they can be discharged at. Like the others, you really don't want to charge or discharge at their max rating. To calculate the C rating you need you divide the current ( amperage ) of the charge or discharge by the energy in amp hours. Just remember we typically see the capacity of the battery in milliamps ... 1 ah = 1000 mah.

Top Bottom