600 TREX 600 / Specktrum DX8

carl

Hopefully this is where I can ask a question, get some advice. if not let me know...I'm old... I have a trex 600 and everything works just fine, surprise, surprise... only problem is, the elevator is working backwards, not good, I just can't think that fast. I 'reversed' the servo and that screws up everything else, throttle, pitch everything. I've tried reversing each servo...throttle, aileron, elevator, rudder (* I knew that wasn't it but tried it anyway...)gear, pitch, aux 2 and 3...nothing works for the betterment. it hovers fine, idles up fine, pitch collective works as it is supposed to... just forward is backwards, and backwards is forwards...one thing I noticed is that even when just moving the elevator, the other two servos work 'a little bit' as well.. but when I try to 'reverse ' the elevator, that affects the settings on the other two.. and throttle...I just don't know what else to try.. any help will be Greatly Appreciated. thanks again, Blessings, As Always, I Remain...

Tony

Staff member
Hey Carl, this is exactly the area to post questions.

If your elevator is working as it should, just backwards, go into your swash plate menu and take the elevator from +60 to -60, or whatever the number is. This will reverse the elevator as a whole. Reversing in the servo menu will ONLY reverse the one servo (aileron, elevator or pitch). Those are specific servos. However, in the Swashplate menu, Aileron is the combination of the aileron and pitch servo, Elevator is a combination of all 3 servos (when elevator goes up, ail and pit will go down and vice versa) and pitch is your collective.

Hope this helps.

carl

Hey Carl, this is exactly the area to post questions.

If your elevator is working as it should, just backwards, go into your swash plate menu and take the elevator from +60 to -60, or whatever the number is. This will reverse the elevator as a whole. Reversing in the servo menu will ONLY reverse the one servo (aileron, elevator or pitch). Those are specific servos. However, in the Swashplate menu, Aileron is the combination of the aileron and pitch servo, Elevator is a combination of all 3 servos (when elevator goes up, ail and pit will go down and vice versa) and pitch is your collective.

Hope this helps.

Bless you, Bless you, BLESS You ....thank you thank you thank you...I was actually trying to figure if I could actually think backwards and fly her anyway..(* Of coarse that's just nuts...) seems brain surgery is so easy when you know what you are doing...Thanks so much...I really want to take her outside and give it a go...maybe better wait until daylight... when people aren't sleeping...thanks Tony, I love this place... I grew in a time when people actually helping their 'neighbors' when they could...a breath of fresh air...Blessings to you and to all those who you hold Dear... Blessings, As Always, I Remain...

- - - Updated - - -

wish I could have thanked you a 1000K times....only let me do it once...Peace and Blessings, As Always, I Remain...

carl

I had actually gone to bed...and then got your reply, Thank you , Thank you, Thank you again...got up and changed the 60+ to 60- and B I N G O.... Blessings, Tony, As Always, I Remain...

Tony

Staff member
Just think now, you will never have this issue again. On your next heli setup, you will know what to reverse and why. It's my pleasure to help you out, that is what we are here for and are happy to do. And I agree, might be best for daylight to fire her up lol. Have a good night.

Top Bottom