500 trex 500 scale fuselage

eddie100

hi

i was wondering if someone could help me.

i have a 500 scale super cobra,trex and 3gx.4 blade head.

i will be only flying scale and wanted to know if anyone had any settings to make flying easy with the dx8.

thank you

eddie

Tony

Staff member
Welcome to the forum. If you are wanting a truly scale heli, then you will need to set your gyro to rate mode, meaning below 0% in the gyro menu. This will get the tail to act just like the real thing. You will always have to be on top of it, but it will be scale. As for curves, I would use a linear pitch curve with a flat throttle curve at the rpm that sounds and acts right to you. Something around 80% sounds about right to me. Oh yeah, and the gain in the gyro menu, something around -25% would be a good starting point. Keep raising the number (or is it lower? lmao) until you get wag, then back it down. Make sure to do this in idle up so that you get the most accurate measurement.

That is about all I can think of to make this heli as scale as possible. Hope it helps.

Lee

Set the expo/DR to give a slower more scale reaction to the heli. It will be personal to you what is best, but something like 40% Expo 70% DR

Top Bottom