450 Trex 450L gyro operation

wilsparky

[Hi everybody] I'm new with this fantastic hobby and hopefully will receive some help with my newly built T-REX 450L Dominator. I am using a Spektrum DX-6 with 2-Spektrum satellite receivers. Through the set up process with the 3GX the tail gyros seem to function properly but when in the operation mode there is no movement of the tail blades. I have a Blade 450x I use with the Spektrum radio and seem to have no problems with the rudder. On the internet this problem is mentioned that when using satellite receivers other options were needed but they were using a Spektrum-8 with aux channels which I seem to have those not available. I'm at a stand still and to try Rc-Help.com for advise. thanks

holtneil

Hi mate try the 3GX with a standard receiver with one sat plugged in to main receiver , 2 sat are normally on a 500 size and above 1 sat is fine on a 450 class , any way try a receiver and see if the tail works ok , I binned all my 3GX as they are trouble at times and never worked 100% , The Kbar is cheap easy to set up super stable and works off sat receivers if you feel like changing the FBL controller

Last edited:

sprevin

Hi mate try the 3GX with a standard receiver with one sat plugged in to main receiver , 2 sat are normally on a 500 size and above 1 sat is fine on a 450 class , any way try a receiver and see if the tail works ok , I binned all my 3GX as they are trouble at times and never worked 100% , The Kbar is cheap easy to set up super stable and works off sat receivers if you feel like changing the FBL controller

I agree, however I seldom use a sat on a 450 at all, I just never saw the benefit. Your radio may be receiving telemetry from the sat and does not know what to do with it. I use the DX7S and I know it is compatible with the sats. Do some research on your radio and find out if you can use sats with your radio at all. If so, programming is definitely your issue.

murankar

Staff member
I think the 3gx remaps the output based on how many sats you have. Your six channel changes along with another. Next I would use your beastx 7200 in leu of the 3gx. Even though your on a DX6 you will still have some benefits with thus combination.

Last edited:

Smoggie

Due to the stupid way that the 3GX maps channels it needs a 7 channel Tx when using satellites. It maps gyro gain to channel 7, which with a 6 channel Tx you dont have available.

options are:
  1. Use a different FBL controller
  2. Get a standard 'full' receiver rather than sats.
  3. Upgrade to a 7 channel tx
Personally I'd go with option #1 and if on a budget just get a cheap Kbar, which cost buttons but fly great. They are much easier to setup than the 3GX and work fine on 6 channels.

Top Bottom