450 TREX 450 v2 3GX motor wiring help?

EastR84

Hello All. Doing my first build of a TREX 450 v2 3GX. Having trouble fitting the motor wires (between the main motor and the ESC) under the plastic front plate on the frame (where the battery mounts). The mid-wire connectors are very stiff and do not allow me to position the wires so that they will not contact the main gear or motor gear. Any suggestions? I've looked at the forum with wiring pictures which is helpful, but does not help for the exact problem because of the Align design change with the v2 3GX which has a larger battery mount/front cover.

Thanks for the great forums and video, very helpful.

heli-maniac

if you are talking about the wires coming out of the motor is hitting the main gear then unbolt it and turn it so they go out the front both of mine exit to the left front of the heli

stokke

if you are talking about the wires coming out of the motor is hitting the main gear then unbolt it and turn it so they go out the front both of mine exit to the left front of the heli

+1 On what Jesse said.

I have the same bird. This is my motor set-up:

P1000255.JPG

EastR84

Great. Do I need to re-apply threadlock after every adjustment/change in screws? or is the threadlock more important for heavy vibration screws (like the motor mount)?

- - - Updated - - -

And you have the ESC mounted on the left/right side instead of under the battery cover?

stokke

As far as I know, the most TL needs 24 hours to cure. So if you applied it 15 minutes ago, I think your fine. But if you loosen bolts which were mounted a long time ago, I would add new TL.

The rule is: Always TL on metal-bolts in metal-holes :D

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding the ESC placement:

P1000271.JPG

Adam

If you watch Tony's build video which is the heli i have he has the wires going to the front to the esc which is under the battery tray and the the batt wires come out the top. I hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, I put the wires on the motor where they are coming out of the front angle. They do contact the frame when they come out of the motor, but it should be fine. Then I stuck the ESC under the battery tray and just bent the wires where everything will fit. You may need to use a zip tie to hold the wires away from the motor case though.

EastR84

I've been working from the build videos, very helpful. Somehow the wires just don't fit so well after putting in the servos, when they go under the servos then it appears the wires are touching the pinion gear though it's difficult to see inside the frame.

stokke

Based on your pics, the wiring seems less than optimal. You should not have to bend the wires around the motor, as it seems you have done there. I'll refer to the picture I posted earlier. You can rotate the motor until you have the motor leads sticking almost directly out from the frame, you'll notice that there is a small rubber/plastic protective sleeve just where the leads are supposed to come out under the frame edge.

Hope this makes sense.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I remember when I built my 600 that the motor wires were real tight too. They could not go out the side. Not enough room there I put them out the back too. But my esc is mounted on the side of the frame. I also have an external bec with a seporate battery for the rx.

Top Bottom