450 Trex 450 upgrade to DFC not going well.

Karubah

Installed new DFC main shaft, centred servos, installed and levelled DFC swash. I followed Marius,s guide in setting up DFC head. So hears the problem I can get up to 14.5 deg pos pitch and only 4.6 neg pitch . The servo linkages are as short as they can go and so are the head linkages. It,s as if the main shaft is to short. Any ideas from the brains trust out in cyber world? Cheers Andy

- - - Updated - - -

PS. Had job to get 0 pitch at mid stick machanicaly.

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, you definitely have the swash too high. Can you post a video of the head and swash moving up and down? Are you in throttle hold with a linear pitch curve?

Karubah

Good one, Tony,still had same pitch curve from before on the fly bar. Damn, it's the simple things that bring you unstuck, lol. Will go through complete setup again. Just one other thing, in the swash menu what numbers should you have when setting up. I have mine on +60 across the board when doing the machanical setup?

Tony

Staff member
I start at 60 and add or subtract from there. The positive and negative readings are to reverse your controls if you need them reversed.

Glad it was simple. I was thinking you could use the stock rods, but was not sure. Hell I'm still not sure until you get it setup lmao.

Westy

LEGEND
what you could do is check a DFC 450 manual and see what the link dimensions are there to give you a bit of a quide to start from.

Karubah

Set the link dimensions by the paper work that came with the DFC head. Still had to shorten them to the max to get enough ajustment on the blade linkages. Cheers Andy

Westy

LEGEND
have you got any steel shaft still between the 2 ball ends? If so ... you can cut them shorter and make your own lengths... I have a special Thread Die that I use to make my own.

Westy

LEGEND
You can get em from your local Hardware store for a few bucks ($6.00 at most)

just take in one of your Links with no ball joints on them and get them to match it up for you! then you can simply buy the rod (its cheap as chips) or cut yours down and cut a new thread!

Karubah

It's amazing.., when you don't think you need something anymore and sell it. I had a full set of metric dies from 19 ml down to .75 ml and sold them in the clearing sale when I sold the farm. There has been quite a few other items I have regretted selling as well. Just been measuring up the old fly bar rods, they are the same size as the linkage rods on the 550 so I will be able to cut them to the right size and use next time I have an uncontrolled landing.. Cheers

Karubah

update on how its going. Did the maiden flight yesterday and the heli is flying very sweetly, the operator was a bit rusty though. I did video it with the gopro but will need some program to reduce file size as it took nearly 2hrs to upload 7 perc. last night so I gave up. the vid. was only 2 mins long.Lousy internet service here. Anyway the 450 is a lot more twichy with the DFC head than with the flybar but should get used to it with practice. Cheers Andy

Westy

LEGEND
Try adding expo....

use Freemake to reduce file size to Mp4 ... you can put in say 30 meg and it will go the lowest it can to get close to that.

Top Bottom