450 Trex 450 Pro DFC - Wag in Hard Pitch Up - and Fast Forward Flight??

Can anyone tell me how to fix the wobble in fast forward flight and hard +pitch up?? I am new to the rc helis but am trying to learn as I go.

I bulit the Trex 450 Pro DFC Super Combo (first build) with the 3GX.

It hovers fine and flies great at slower speeds, but if I pitch up hard or do fast forwqard flight, the ail wags hard to the left and right. After I slow it down and hover, it does fine.

Gyro is set to 40% - is this to low? - this is the setting I had to use to get the tail wag out - or do I need to adjust the ail/ele gain on the Gyro

Tony

Staff member
You will need to adjust the pots on the gyro its self. If Ail is the only one doing it, then just try backing it down an hour and test fly it again. If you are running v3.0 software, you will want to hook the gyro up to your computer and set those pots to 110 each. I don't know the link, but coolgabsi had to do this to his 450 and so far it worked great. However he is having tail issues now lol. V2.1 for me :biggrin1:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
110 is a great starting value. If you have helical gear setup... Then you'll probably need lower now. Today... FINALLY!! After a long testing and 10flughts . I have the heli locked in!!

Ill post my values and all in my 3GX thread (helicopter beginner area) . :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Tony

Staff member
What the HELL!!! Do you have an email response on your name being posted to the forum or what? It's like the bat signal or something lmao.

Could you give me a quick run down on how to do this (I don't even know what pots are yet).

I have never had the helicopter linked to the computer yet (but would like to )

Also, where is the best place to order parts for the align 450 (in the US) - I was out just hovering around today and adjusting the ail/ele gains trying to get the tail to stay put and when I landed, the bird just barely tilted over and cut some grass, (no damage I thought) after investigation and hearing a little clicking noise around the main gear, I saw that a tooth was messed up on the front torque tube gear assembly.

How can I tell what version of software I have? I got the heli for Christmas (Trex 450 Pro DFC Super Combo)

Thanks for all the help - it takes a while for newbs to figure all this out without some help

Lee

Pots (potentiometers) are the dials on the unit.
When its plug into the computer, it should tell you what Firmware version you have.
There are a few guys on here with this unit (i'm not one of them) They'll get you sorted when they read this.
All the best
Lee

Tony

Staff member
As stated, the pots are the two little dials on the gyro it's self. Make VERY SMALL adjustments as they are very sensitive.

To hook the gyro to your computer, you will need to first, go to THIS PAGE
and download V2.1 to start. Once it's loaded on your computer and you have an icon on your desktop that is a large red X with 3G in yellow, double click it and open it up. It's not the greatest GUI, but it works.

Now, plug your USB link into the 3GX and plug the link into your computer. You should hear the "new hardware" notes from your computer. Look on the top right of the 3GX window and the link should go from yellow/red to green. If I remember correctly just to the right of that it will tell you your software version.

If you have 2.1, then just stick with it for a bit. If you have v3.0, then go back to the link above and download v3.0 and install it (after unplugging the heli of course.

By the way, when you try to connect the gyro to the computer, you will need a connection to your Tx, the Tx needs to be on, and the Gyro needs to be on.

Let me know if I can help any further.

Thanks a lot, I will try this tomorrow and get back to you

Did you have an on line hobby store you recommend to by align parts from??

Tony

Staff member
I really like AmainHobbies, ReadyHeli (I use them a lot when I need parts) and there are a couple others. Unless you want to pay stupid high shipping prices STAY AWAY from HeliDirect. They have the parts, but just a main shaft is going to cost you $6 to ship. Whereas Ready heli will ship that sucker first class for about a buck.

Westy

LEGEND
I also have had great servicefrom Amain Hobbies ..... got a set of MKS cyclic servos for my 600 and they were fantastic

murankar

Staff member
I have never had an issue with a main hobbies. I have bought almost a $1000 of hardware from them. I have used readyheli also with no issues. My last purchase was with msh-direct, this guy is on top of his sales like a champ. Send him an email on Sunday at 1900 and by god with in 20 to 40 minutes you will have a response to it.

Ok, i got the heli linked to the computer and i can see all the settings in the flight mode parameters - what settings do I need to adjust and on which flight mode.

also, how do I toggle between flight modes?

Tony

Staff member
First thing I have to ask is, what do you mean by "flight modes"? Did you download V1.2? If so, what does the version say in the top right corner? The DFC version should be at least 2.1.

First thing I have to ask is, what do you mean by "flight modes"? Did you download V1.2? If so, what does the version say in the top right corner? The DFC version should be at least 2.1.
The tabs at the top of the 3GX software that came with the kit. I installed it ( version 2.1) these are options to set up the flight mode 1&2 parameters. I just don't know what setting to set the multiple parameters at? Example is: roll rates, flip rates, tx stick speed,piro optimization , etc.

Tony

Staff member
At this time, if you upgrade to 3.0, Gaba will be your go to guy for the software. I have never played with it.

Top Bottom