450 Trex 450 Pro Build and Pics

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Looks good. I to think you should run the wires differently. Is there not A reciever tray on the heli somewhere? my 600 has the reciever on a tray back where your tail servo is. the gyro looks good. you can take any extra wire, rap it around a phillips screwdriver. it will make a coil out of it and keep it safe. Don't hide the tail boom mount screws. I can garentie it will come apart for new gears alot!! Get some extra gears too cause you will need them! buy them in sets of three. Lot cheeper. I allways keep A few around to take to the field. Only takes couple of minutes to replace gears when you do a ground strike with the tail rotor.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Ok all one last pic of her showing the training skids I made yesterday. I used the bamboo technique from the video I posted when Murankar was asking for ideas on building robust skids for heli.

I used hot glue to hold the whiffle balls on the ends, and electrical tie wraps to hold the bamboo to the heli skids. The centre of the training gear is wrapped with fibre tape, as its very strong, and flexible.

So far I'm pleased with the new training gear. It's very strong, and both pieces of bamboo are the same length, same weight, and the same balance point. The cost for each set of these skids runs to about $0.50.

I hope to maiden soon.... we still don't have decent weather for flying :(

Cheers all.

training skids for the 450.jpg

training skids for the 450.jpg

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Make sure they don't act like a spring. That's what happened to me couple of times. heli landed bounced off the skids. Went sideways. The blades hit the ground hundreds of dollars later. Now it just sits on the shelf!

murankar

Staff member
Watch the spring back. I lost a set of my el-cheapo carbon blades due to the spring. I discovered the cement was cutting my zip ties so I switched to the white strings from the inside of 550 cord. Those things are tough and once tired tightly the did a lot better than zip ties. Down side was I left the gear on all the time and made it tough to carry around. Now I have removed the gear and flying a good hover without them. Now I need to get into forward flight and figure 8's.

Top Bottom