450 Trex 450 Plus DFC pitch issues

HREFAB

I picked up a Trex 450 Plus DFC (the BNF version) and bound it to my Futaba 14SG. All in all, it's a very tame heli which I believe is the whole point. I checked the Pitch angles and was surprised to find that I had virtually no negative pitch and positive was a mere 8.8. I checked the swash and found that I couldn't dial in any more than negative 2° and positive 11°. That indicated the my swash was too high so I adjusted the links 2 turns down. It improved a bit, but still was unable to get adequate throw to even up the pitch. No matter what I do, it seems that I only have a full range of roughly 13°. Setting 0° at mid stick would only give me -6°/+6° which is too low a number to really fly. I'm wondering if there is interference with the 3GXMRS unit that is preventing proper pitch adjustment. Is there a way to disable the MRS unit (such as holding the button on a regular 3GX unit when powering up)?

Anyone else have pitch settings for this heli? I think there may be some limits as it really IS aimed at beginning or intermediate pilots.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

With your pitch set to 0º mid and +-6º, can you then go into the Swash mix menu and increase the pitch number.
Swash mix is what its called in Spektrum, sorry. Don't know what it is in Futaba.
If Swash mix for pitch is say + or - 60%. Increasing will give more throw.
Let me know.

HREFAB

With your pitch set to 0º mid and +-6º, can you then go into the Swash mix menu and increase the pitch number.
Swash mix is what its called in Spektrum, sorry. Don't know what it is in Futaba.
If Swash mix for pitch is say + or - 60%. Increasing will give more throw.
Let me know.

Thanks Lee! I kind of thought that might be the case. Usually, I can get the pitch very close to what I want mechanically. In this case, it doesn't seem to be possible which I found to be odd. Increasing and altering the pitch values via the radio complicates things (at least in my mind) and you now have to be very careful when setting pitch for idle up. If the "NORMAL" values are significantly different than the standard linear, you have to be aware of that and compensate in Idle Up Settings (Awareness is one of those qualities that I occasionally am not aware of LOL!)

Thanks/ I'll put up my settings once I get them sorted out. Might be of interest to others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom