General Trex 450 pitch setup?

murankar

Staff member
No, the ESC sends the tones to the motor and the motor makes the noise.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Graham Lawrie

Is it still bound to your TX? Did you do the throttle set up? Throttle stick in low. Press and hold till the light starts to travel along the 3gx but this time keep your finger on the button till all the lights on the 3gx stay on.Throttle stick to high position, beeps the straight to low position:)

KOS

Thanks Graham, tried all that about 5 times now, no luck and no beep. Suggestion when I was enquiring about a replacement ESC was had I calibrated the ESC throttle end stops. I assume this is the process via the 3GX or is there something else I should be doing. Can,t see what though.

KOS

Thank you all for your, figured it was probably a duff ESC. Bought a new one,hooked it up to a spare Rx and the motor and the new one works just fine. Hooked it into the 3GX setup and again it work OK so now need to put everything back together and hopefully have chance on Monday to try to get it into the air :)

KOS

Ok so now it is back together but unfortunately the weather is a bit off. Did get chance to get it airborne briefly and given the wind was swirling around my garden is was amazingly stable and I am sure it will be a dream to fly. Still has one little issue. the tail wags from side to side in the hover. I figure from what I have read that it is probably an issue with rudder gain. The 3 GX software has 3 computer set up screens in V5.0. Flight mode parameter 1 and 2 and Rudder Parameters. The videos go through the set up for the parameters covered in Flight Mode Parameter 2. Done those - OK. Don't know what to do with FMP 1! and in Rudder Parameters there are 4 selections Rudder Locking Gain Adjustment (set at 70%) Rudder Accaleration Adjustment (set ay 0%) Collective pitch torque Precompensation (50%) and Anti Torque Compensation (20%) Will reducing the Rudder Gain to say 60% go some way to stop the wag?
When I get a bit better weather I will try to video a bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

murankar

Staff member
Yes the tail wag is a gain issue. If its a fast wag then you will need to drop the gain. Once that's is set you be fine. Just keep in mind that once you dial out the wag in normal mode that you may want to drop another 3 to 5 points. This will reduce the amount of residual wag while in IU1. If you do have wag in IU1 then just continue to dial down the gain.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom