450 Trex 450 DFC Maiden Flight

Dirk

Hi guys!

Sorry for being off the forum for a couple of days. Laptop went on the blink.

Now, the good news. I just did the maiden flight of my Trex 450 DFC! WOW!!!!!!!! What machine! It is super stable. I must admit, I was as nervous as h..ll, but it went so smooth. I have been practicing on the Phoenix for a while, but the Trex actually flies better in real life than on the sim. I did not have to make any adjustments to the heli at all. Tracking is spot-on, tail holding perfectly still. Thanks to Tony's set-up videos! Tony, your're THE MAN!! Thank you.

One problem I did notice is that my satellite RX light blinks quite often. I noticed it after about two minutes of hovering. I had the same problem at home during the setup of the heli. I realize that it is browning out, but I can't figure out why? Batteries are both fully charged on a balancing charger and both batteries are showing 12.6v on the charger. I have no binding on any of the controls and gear mesh is perfect. Does anybody have any answers on this?

Thanks guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies. The topic should read "Maiden Flight" I think I browned out there for a while! Excitement!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also a big thank you to Marius for his "How To" You guys are awesome!

Lee

Congrats Dirk. Wheres the video??? :D
Have you tried rebinding the sat to see if that helps?

Dirk

Sorry, no video. I was on my own. I'll try a rebind of the RX and see if that sorts out the problem.

Dirk

AHA!! I got the brown-out, blinking RX light sorted out! I noticed that if you do not get the Deans plug on the heli solidly plugged in the first time around, it starts blinking. If you did not get the Deans in the first time around (mine is still very tight), you have to switch off the TX and switch it back on and then attempt the Deans connection again.(Make sure that you get it in solidly, otherwise you have to repeat the whole TX on/off thing again)

My system is working perfectly now.

Curious u say batteries as in plurrell what mah and how many cells do u run? I currently in process of diying 2 6s 2850mah batteries that if plan works out will be the smallest ever only at around 2.5 " long ! 1 widex 0.5" high @ 70c for under $45 total cost for both but not even positive if i can run 22.2 volts on my trex 450 it has an ice 50 and upgraded scorpion motor with 3gx but idk ihow to see what kind of power i van run through it as the previous guy that built it was only still running 3s in it at 2200mah so stock. Wait actually that would be 44.4 volt if i ran them inline so i guess it would have to be in parallel if at all please let me know on yours very interested. Thanks TOM AKA THE MATRIX

Dirk

Sorry for the confusion regarding the batteries Tom. I meant that both of my battery packs that I use were fully charged. I only run 1 pack at a time - 2200mAh, 11.1v 3S 45C.
Running your batteries in parallel would definitely be better. Less smoke! :highly_amused:

Top Bottom