450 TREX 450 and DX8

bclark48

I have just completed my TREX 450 3GX build and did my first spool up. At about 30 percent throttle my swashplate starts to tilt to the right. I then move it back with some left aileron but the swash slowing starts to go back to the right. Do I need to lower/raise the Aileron gain on the gyro. Is it vibration? It certianly doesnt look like I have vibration. Do I need to go through the setup again? Thanks for the suggestions.

Also, what have you guys been setting your gyro gain for the DX8

Tony

Staff member
If you are holding it in your hand, this is normal as it's trying to correct for movement. If it's on the table, you may not have initialized it correctly, meaning you plugged it in, then moved it to the location of the spool up. Make sure to plug it in where it's going to takeoff.

As for gyro gains in the DX8, set position 0 to 45, position 1 to 60 and position 2 to -100. The reason for the -100 is for when you are getting ready to fly, you can quickly flip into position 2 then back to the other position and it will center your tail blades. I have (had) mine set to about 67% and had a perfect tail, but start out on the 40% and if there is drift, then flip it to 60%. If you get a wag at any time, land it and lower the gain by 3 points or so. Every gyro is different so your setting will be unique to your heli setup.

stokke

Since it's a newly built bird, the culprit is usually some setup issue. Check your mechanics first, then go through your Transmitter and lastly 3GX DIR and TAIL setup.

Top Bottom